Allegedly “mean” muscovy drake very interested in me

lunaticfishboy

Songster
Mar 31, 2022
So I don’t own any ducks, but I had just visited a friend with a lonely Muscovy drake in their backyard with his own little pen, pool, and house. They say he is very mean. I have never seen this duck in person, only pictures. So I came by and my friend let me visit him alone. I walked into the pen and shut the door and saw this duck walking towards me, stretching his neck out repeatedly.

I was saying ”Heyy ducky ducky!” , I had never interacted with a duck and only chickens so I didn’t really handle him, only tried to pet him. At first he bit me and I was like AH! okay so i just walked across the pen and he kept following me, nibbling all over my pants and shoes, and I sat down in the hay. He proceeded to climb onto my lap and wag his tail, quacking in a whisper tone? And he kept nibbling all over my arms and shirt and back and neck and I was in a laughing fit because it tickled! He calmed down for a bit and let me pet/stroke his neck and face while still making that whispery quacking sound. I laid down and he kept nibbling on my back, in my hair, on my ears, I never felt so loved by a duck but I dont even know if it was affectionate behavior. When I had to leave, he kept following me and wagging his tail, I didnt wanna leave :’)

What even was that behavior?? I need answers! 😂💗🦆

So I don’t own any ducks, but I had just visited a friend with a lonely Muscovy drake in their backyard with his own little pen, pool, and house. They say he is very mean. I have never seen this duck in person, only pictures. So I came by and my friend let me visit him alone. I walked into the pen and shut the door and saw this duck walking towards me, stretching his neck out repeatedly.

I was saying ”Heyy ducky ducky!” , I had never interacted with a duck and only chickens so I didn’t really handle him, only tried to pet him. At first he bit me and I was like AH! okay so i just walked across the pen and he kept following me, nibbling all over my pants and shoes, and I sat down in the hay. He proceeded to climb onto my lap and wag his tail, quacking in a whisper tone? And he kept nibbling all over my arms and shirt and back and neck and I was in a laughing fit because it tickled! He calmed down for a bit and let me pet/stroke his neck and face while still making that whispery quacking sound. I laid down and he kept nibbling on my back, in my hair, on my ears, I never felt so loved by a duck but I dont even know if it was affectionate behavior. When I had to leave, he kept following me and wagging his tail, I didnt wanna leave :’)

What even was that behavior?? I need answers! 😂💗🦆
awww. My Sprightly does this to be, the nibblings of ears, hair, and clothes arms. I can relate to the laughing fit from it tickling. My duck has done it since she was about two weeks old.

You don't know true joy until you've been tickled by a duck.

Definitely curious affection/mating interest.
I second what the others have already said though, definitely needs a couple friends

Back
Top Bottom