Ameraucana Chick Color vs. Adult Plumage

Curious as to what color you think these little guys will be. They're starting to feather in black and white, and one of them looks like it's getting random red leakage? I'm new to chicken genetics, but it's so fascinating
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Curious as to what color you think these little guys will be. They're starting to feather in black and white, and one of them looks like it's getting random red leakage? I'm new to chicken genetics, but it's so fascinating [/IMG]

Considering that those are Easter Eggers chicks, and not Ameraucana, there is no way to really predict exactly what they will look like.

What hatcheries actually sell true americaunas? Because this is the second batch I've gotten that are just Easter eggers
1f615.png

What hatcheries actually sell true americaunas? Because this is the second batch I've gotten that are just Easter eggers
1f615.png

---+-++
How about buying from a true Ameraucana breeder. try
http://www.Ameraucanabreedersclub.org look for a breeder in your area .that way you will be buying from somebody who's breeding true Ameraucana's,
Excellent website .Gallery in color of chick down and adult plumage . Breeder directories in three formats for your convenience . lots of good info for you here.
Best ,
Karen

Last edited:
I want to get a white Amerucauna, can anybody tell me how to pick out a white Amerucauna chick correctly. I already have two Wyandotte whom I plan to mix with my new Amerucauna when I get it they are 21 weeks of age. Can I buy just one chick or do I need more. After 5 weeks the one chick with be with the older two hens.

I want to get a white Amerucauna, can anybody tell me how to pick out a white Amerucauna chick correctly. I already have two Wyandotte whom I plan to mix with my new Amerucauna when I get it they are 21 weeks of age. Can I buy just one chick or do I need more. After 5 weeks the one chick with be with the older two hens.
It's inadvisable to raise a single chick on their own. They need constant company or they will cheep non-stop, day and night. And if you truly want a White Ameraucana, find a good breeder. You aren't going to get one from a feed store or hatchery.

Wonder what color this girl is

Attachments

• D875E054-7613-45FA-AA1F-A7C077211832.jpeg
    D875E054-7613-45FA-AA1F-A7C077211832.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 25
  • B1C68941-CE9B-42F4-9788-44CC81FC58A1.jpeg
    B1C68941-CE9B-42F4-9788-44CC81FC58A1.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom