Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

The first picture is of our Ameraucana, Peanut. She died a couple months ago
sad.png
. Right now we have 4 Ameraucanas. We don't have the two roosters anymore but we have the hen in the last picture. Her name is Amber. I haven't been able to take any pictures of our other Ameraucanas yet. Ameraucanas are such great chickens!!
big_smile.png

Brace yourself! Your birds are very pretty, but they are not ameraucanas, they are easter eggers. The one in the first picture, Peanut, looks exactly like my EE hen from My Pet Chicken (except that mine is clean faced and doesn't have the beard/muffs...neat to see what she would look like if she did!). Easter Eggers are great chickens, mine is hands down our favorite in the flock, but Ameraucana they are not.

the rooster is stunning, but the difference is that EE's are ameraucana or ameraucana mixes that dont meet the standard for Ameraucanas.

Hatcheries have caused this confusion by consistently selling EE's under the ameraucana name.

They are lovely birds though :)

This is "Turkey" he got the name because he was twice the size of all the other chicks in the brooder, he's 10 weeks old and im pretty sure he's a roo, let me know what you think.......I got him because to bring new blood into our flock of blue/blue wheaten ameraucanas.

Are you crossing Blues with Blue wheatens? If so the offspring won't have correct coloring, I also believe you have a EE instead of an ameraucana, but its a nice looking bird!

Back
Top Bottom