Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Look at the leg color on the chick, YELLOW. Someone seems to be marketing their EEs in a creative way.
But the adults have slate legs and they're pretty uniform. Still EE's but really pretty. At least they do admit that they throw partridge or white in addition to the chestnut and snow which is a really long name for a color variety.

Has anyone ordered John Blehms Chanteclers?  I am just wondering what kind of quality he's getting.  

You are talking about tge breed? I am raising Chantecler...but woundering what is the link with amérau?

Also...question for you guys...I have a 5 months amérau pullet. This morning I saw ny roo breeding her...does that mean she is ready? Will lay soon?. If she wasn't ready did she would have accepted the breeding?

Isabelle

You are talking about tge breed? I am raising Chantecler...but woundering what is the link with amérau?

Also...question for you guys...I have a 5 months amérau pullet. This morning I saw ny roo breeding her...does that mean she is ready? Will lay soon?. If she wasn't ready did she would have accepted the breeding?

Isabelle
John Blehm breeds wonderful ameraucanas, but he has also started breeding chanteclers and I was wondering if anyone had seen or gotten chanteclers from him and, if so, what the quality was like.

I agree with you there, I wasn't questioning his judgement, just wondering if anybody had gotten any from him. Last year, he was completely honest on his site in saying that he needed to improve their quality, but I have a feeling he was being overly self-critical.

I agree with you there, I wasn't questioning his judgement, just wondering if anybody had gotten any from him. Last year, he was completely honest on his site in saying that he needed to improve their quality, but I have a feeling he was being overly self-critical.

perhaps that is why he is not offering in 2014. there are a couple of Chantecler threads here on BYC

Back
Top Bottom