Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I bought these from a breeder that said they were full blood Ameraucana. I was looking into letting my boys show them and am questioning wether they meet the breed standard on color after looking at the websites. I always considered the hen black and the rooster white.
[/IMG]
Im curious as to how you know these are EE? I believe these are parents to the chicks I just bought and was really looking for pure Ameraucanas. This is the 2nd time this has happened in my quest for Ameraucanas!
he.gif

Im curious as to how you know these are EE? I believe these are parents to the chicks I just bought and was really looking for pure Ameraucanas. This is the 2nd time this has happened in my quest for Ameraucanas! :he  

One thing is the incorrect color. I would recommend you start buying off of breeders list on the club website breeders directory. Not that you still can't get mislead, but it doesn't happen nearly as much

One thing is the incorrect color. I would recommend you start buying off of breeders list on the club website breeders directory. Not that you still can't get mislead, but it doesn't happen nearly as much
Ok Thank you. I will look into it. Im bummed the seller knew to begin with when I specifically asked if they were pure.
sad.png
Those are the same pictures I was sent.

Thanks for the info! Guess I should have done my research first.

Ok Thank you. I will look into it. Im bummed the seller knew to begin with when I specifically asked if they were pure. :(  Those are the same pictures I was sent. 

Thanks for the info! Guess I should have done my research first. 

Was this person the seller or did someone just steal the pics off google? People have been doing that a lot lately.

The website is www.ameraucana.org - there are some very reputable breeders on there

Was this person the seller or did someone just steal the pics off google? People have been doing that a lot lately.

The website is www.ameraucana.org - there are some very reputable breeders on there
The person sent me the pictures of the breeders (the 2 pictures from the original post Im referring to) in a text. Those pictures were never posted on their Craigslist add. I picked the chicks up tonight (day after her post and response from others). And, a little rant here, as the mom of 5 kids under 8, leaving the house and driving for 2 1/2 hours to get chickens is not THAT easy….alright, my rant is over. I will check out the breeder in McCloud Oklahoma! Thanks for all your help. I don't want to focus on the negative, thats no way to go to bed.
smile.png
Ameracaunas are a beautiful breed and I hope to own some one day.

The person sent me the pictures of the breeders (the 2 pictures from the original post Im referring to) in a text. Those pictures were never posted on their Craigslist add. I picked the chicks up tonight (day after her post and response from others). And, a little rant here, as the mom of 5 kids under 8, leaving the house and driving for 2 1/2 hours to get chickens is not THAT easy….alright, my rant is over. I will check out the breeder in McCloud Oklahoma! Thanks for all your help. I don't want to focus on the negative, thats no way to go to bed. :)  Ameracaunas are a beautiful breed and I hope to own some one day. 

O I see. Good luck in your search

They are full blood Ameraucana. They just are not one of the 8 primary colors as far as I can tell. And since they are not one of the 8 primary colors some Ameraucana people consider them Easter eggers. A true Easter egger is half Ameraucana. There is actually a calculator to determine if you breed 2 different colors together if you will still have a primary breed color. http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

They are still full blood Ameraucana's. They are just not one of the 8 primary breed colors. So they could not be showed as Ameraucana. By the standards of calling these Easter eggers then lavenders and all other color offshoots are Easter eggers.

Back
Top Bottom