Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Question... I have three pure bred blue Ameraucanas. Two are pullets and I am pretty sure that this is a cockerel. I want to find a breeding home for him, but he has some yellow toes - does this mean that he shouldn't be bred?

Question... I have three pure bred blue Ameraucanas. Two are pullets and I am pretty sure that this is a cockerel. I want to find a breeding home for him, but he has some yellow toes - does this mean that he shouldn't be bred?
What color are the bottoms of his feet? Yellow would mean he is not pure or breeding quality.

If the soles of the feet are yellow, then he has yellow skin and should not be bred. If he does and you got your other birds from the same breeder, then those birds are probably carrying the yellow skin gene and should not be bred.

Hey everyone I just got 3 chickens last night and just now joined backyard chickens. I had a question. Where do I post a new thread and ask the question?

I'm not sure. They're just brown chickens. I wanted to build a fly trap out of empty water or soda bottles. Wanted to get some good ideas of good bait that would trap the flys to feed the chickens that wouldn't poisen or harm the chickens. Any ideas?

Question. These are my two wheaten Ameraucana chicks. They are 3.5 weeks old. Are they both boys? Is there really no chance that they'll get lighter and, well, wheaty? Please help me assess. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom