Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

hello everyone! We live in Hays Kansas. I just ordered some purebreed Ameraucana chicks from a serious breeder /shower. he started his birds from Paul Smith's bloodlines and I ordered day old chicks for either Feb. or March 2016. he said I'm his first official order !!!! I'm so excited!!! I have ordered 15 chicks, all Ameraucanas straight run.
5 blacks, 5 blues and 5 blue wheatens. I'm hoping to keep a rooster of each color and several hens hopefully I'll be lucky and get mostly pullets!! The quality of these birds is amazing! they r so beautiful! I cant wait to get them! Have never had pure Ameraucanas b4.!!
So excited! my babies will be coming from Texas!! Just glad I found nice quality ones!
happy Holidays to everyone and all your beautiful birds Ameraucana or not. My flock consists of 14 right now but most r mutts but I love them so much!!

Hello,Glad you joined us here on BYC! You will have to post pictures when you get them!

Im looking at getting a few of these beauties myself. Are the eggs actually any Bluer than the EE? 

Mine aren't laying yet, but I expect a more true blue than the tinted white and greenish eggs I get from my EEs

I don't know.I have heard that the Ameraucanas blue eggs fade as the season progresses. But then I hear that after a Winter's rest they are back to blue in the Spring
Thats true of all of them. I have a bunch of brown egg layers and BCM as well, and all lay their darkest eggs post-molt, then they get progressively lighter during the season.

Heres my two roos.

Im looking at getting a few of these beauties myself. Are the eggs actually any Bluer than the EE? 

If you want very blue eggs, the black (not BBS black but true black) Ameraucanas lay the bluest eggs. With EEs you can't predict the egg color as you don't always know the originating breeds to create the EE.

Back
Top Bottom