Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Amy- I'm jumping out of the tree by Jeremy's and heading over to TN to stalk your boy now......
hide.gif

either that or over to Pip's house - isn't that from who you got him?

Oh he's one of my Shaffer boys. It takes them a while to finish out- I might have that "slow feathering gene", but I think they're worth the wait.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hard to tell with them! The last pic sure looks lav. If you notice them getting darker around the head then they are blue. The green legs might turn more slate, but I've only seen that happen with my buff babies- they started out pretty green and darkened up.
Splits won't hurt a BBS breeding program, but its best just to keep the lav genes with black birds so you don't get them confused. I've also head that blue can have some less desireable effects on lav, but not the other way around.

Quote:
So handsome! Wow!

Can't wait to see how my chicks look all-grown up
smile.png

Oh they'll be gorgeous! They do go through an ugly phase though- be patient!
wink.png

Definitely awkward stage! Take a look at these five week olds. They had some fun out on the grass this afternoon.

Lilac (or Lilliput)'s feathers are coming in nicely:
1601qwl.jpg

Rosie (or Roscoe) is a little behind and bare right now, hehe
sl5tf9.jpg

A picture of all of them:
etf9cg.jpg

My blonde baby checking out the chickies
2qa5sv4.jpg

Quote:
All my Ameraucana chicks are skittish. I hatched buff and W/BW chicks from Pips&Peeps, buffs from Wayne Meredith, and got W/BW chicks from Paul Smith. I put them in with a couple of my Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks that are two weeks older and very mellow and it calmed them all down
big_smile.png

Quote:
All my Ameraucana chicks are skittish. I hatched buff and W/BW chicks from Pips&Peeps, buffs from Wayne Meredith, and got W/BW chicks from Paul Smith. I put them in with a couple of my Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks that are two weeks older and very mellow and it calmed them all down
big_smile.png

Hmmm... well all my other AM's are VERY friendly... these ones are just supper skittish... guess I will just have to sit with them and play with them more.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom