Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Thanks! Here is what she sent me after I put "Neutral" feedback and stated that they are Nice EE's but not Ameraucanas..

Dear mdkrush,

I do not understand why you left false feedback. you received all eggs very well packed and extra's. these are ameraucana eggs that you purchased. you asked for certain eggs from me. Large eggs which i did. i have been doing this for a very long time and know my flock. i offered you a refund and you chose not to contact me back and instead leave false feedback. You should not have bid on these eggs because you have know clue about ameraucan's. I told you that ameraucana's and aruacana's both lay blue/greenish eggs; which is also in my listing. I have had very happy customers who have purchased ameraucana eggs from me. I knew you were going to be a problem because you kept contacting me wanting the bluest i could get. i worked with you on shipping date and everything. clearly you are a buyer I will be blocking.

- cathy6487

"you have know clue about ameraucan's" <-- Your Honor, I rest my case.

I can understand someone not having been taught the difference but that is just willful ignorance. She'll never learn because she's not willing to learn.

There is so much misinformation out there about this breed. The other "Ameraucana" listing I posted stated their EE's were not EE's because they had full beards and muffs. Um, okay you're about 5% of the way there.

Quote:
Oh brother .....I drove 3 hours to buy my Ameraucana pullet. Why...because all the ones for sale in my area had about 3 names in the listing. Ameraucana/Arauncana...blue egg layer etc. And the photos did not match the photos from certified web sites.
I did a little research first and it was worth it.....so sorry for those that got taken. The local feed stores sell questionable chicks too...they don't
barnie.gif
know the difference and they should!

Last edited:

I don't know if the picture shows it but this youngster is starting to get lots of red on how neck and back...he is an EE but if the red keeps spreading would his color be called blue wheaten?

Americauna or fowl play?? These are my 2 "Ameracaunas"... Want to know if they are or aren't really. I have come to realize my roo, is an imposter. Maybe an EE or some cross of something. Really disappointed since I bought him believing he was true Ameracauna.
1f44e.png
1f44e.png

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!
Blessings,
~Y
1f60a.png

Thanks! Here is what she sent me after I put "Neutral" feedback and stated that they are Nice EE's but not Ameraucanas.. 

Dear mdkrush,

I do not understand why you left false feedback. you received all eggs very well packed and extra's. these are ameraucana eggs that you purchased. you asked for certain eggs from me. Large eggs which i did. i have been doing this for a very long time and know my flock. i offered you a refund and you chose not to contact me back and instead leave false feedback. You should not have bid on these eggs because you have know clue about ameraucan's. I told you that ameraucana's and aruacana's both lay blue/greenish eggs; which is also in my listing. I have had very happy customers who have purchased ameraucana eggs from me. I knew you were going to be a problem because you kept contacting me wanting the bluest i could get. i worked with you on shipping date and everything. clearly you are a buyer I will be blocking.

- cathy6487

Why don't you ask the lady if they meet the recognized colors of the standard? Or if she even knows what the recognized colors of the standard are? Or if her birds breed true to color? I bet she can't answer that.

Back
Top Bottom