Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

She's pretty.
Check this breeders directory for breeders near you. I see one in Indiana and several in Ohio.
http://ameraucana.org/docs/breedersdirectory.pdf

Thanks. I've been to the ABC breeders' directory but no bbs in Indiana. I was hoping to find someone (close) here that wasn't listed yet perhaps...otherwise I will have to have one shipped. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that.

Here is the guy I lost...he could've had more beard but was a nice looking cockerel.

Edit to add photo.

Last edited:
Thanks. I've been to the ABC breeders' directory but no bbs in Indiana. I was hoping to find someone (close) here that wasn't listed yet perhaps...otherwise I will have to have one shipped. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that.

Here is the guy I lost...he could've had more beard but was a nice looking cockerel.

Edit to add photo.
You might have some luck if you look up bird shows and meet ups in your area. Because some people come from far away to show you may be able to find someone who is planning on attending who can sell you birds or often birds brought for showing are sold there. Just a thought!

You might have some luck if you look up bird shows and meet ups in your area. Because some people come from far away to show you may be able to find someone who is planning on attending who can sell you birds or often birds brought for showing are sold there. Just a thought!
Thanks Magdelaine. I was hoping to find one sooner than our next show (April). Even at that I've never seen an Am other than bantams here. I will definitely be looking though.

The little cockerels that I had shipped to me are doing wonderfully! They were SO excited to get out of that darn smelly box! They were extremely hungry and thirsty... calmed down after a couple of hours in the brooder.

They're warming up to me and love love love treats. They seem the most relaxed today that I've seen since their arrival. I can already tell that the wheaten boy is more dominant over the blue wheaten. The blue wheaten is rather timid but allowed me to give him some head scratches today. Both enjoyed a little banana.

Hmm . All this time and I never seemed to fine this thread. I have 1 lavender ameraucana roo, his two hens, and their three daughters. Along with our poor EE hen... I would post pics, but the tab is acting up. We are hoping to get some new lines soon. We are losing fertility as he gets older. And hatching his daughters eggs makes it worse... He throws black splits sometimes too. White splits seems to be his new thing.

Last edited:
Hmm . All this time and I never seemed to fine this thread. I have 1 lavender ameraucana roo, his two hens, and their three daughters. Along with our poor EE hen... I would post pics, but the tab is acting up. We are hoping to get some new lines soon. We are losing fertility as he gets older. And hatching his daughters eggs makes it worse... He throws black splits sometimes too. White splits seems to be his new thing.
Pictures please . Lavender to lavender will not throw black . I suspect you have blue in your lavender and are getting black and splash . They may even be blues with no lavender .

I Have a wheaten ameraucana roo that displays the mahogony gene instead of the gold gene what should i call him? Red wheaten? The chicken calculator calls it 'black patterned red wheaten'

Back
Top Bottom