Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I am confused...about the Ameraucana? I hear people call them E.E when I got mine they were called Ameraucana what is the difference except E.E easier to say. My chickens look exactly like yours....

ee is a term describing a mutt chicken with the blue egg gene, or a chicken that lays blue eggs but does not meet the standard of perfection for any breed or variety (some people would consider my roo an ee because he is not a recognized color.) Ussually you can only get true ameraucanas from breeders, and even then some breeders (not on the ameraucana clubs breeder list) give you easter eggers, most hatcheries carry easter eggers and some still call them ameraucanas, or various mispellings of that.

Alright so my Ameraucana are a week old. And Some will be tomorrow. So out of my hatch I had 6. And someone said that you might be able to sex them by when their tail comes in at 1 week. We'll I have 5 with tails fester and 1 without. So if this theory is right I have 5 pullets and 1 cockerel. Right?
That is my theory. I will be testing again this next year to see how I come out again. Do you have pictures of them?

We literally just picked up these two Ameraucanas (got the Black Sex Links Saturday). Are these going to be black or splash? White/light cream underbelly, varying shades of black & grey. Was hoping for true blue, but I'll just be happy if they lay blue eggs.

Thanks for any input!

We literally just picked up these two Ameraucanas (got the Black Sex Links Saturday). Are these going to be black or splash? White/light cream underbelly, varying shades of black & grey. Was hoping for true blue, but I'll just be happy if they lay blue eggs.

Thanks for any input!

Well, I see two blacks which I guess is your black sex links, and the other two look like blues from what I can see. The description sounds right.

Thanks to those who responded to my questions a while back about Ameraucana temperament. They sound wonderful; I just put 16 beautiful blue eggs in the incubator - hoping to have some fluffy cheeked babies soon!

Any recommendations on a reputable breeder of White Ameraucanas? I am in middle Tennessee. I have looked through the list on the ABC. I am wanting hatching eggs or preferably chicks. I have some of Paul Smith's beautiful birds, but unfortunately he doesn't raise whites.

Any recommendations on a reputable breeder of White Ameraucanas? I am in middle Tennessee. I have looked through the list on the ABC. I am wanting hatching eggs or preferably chicks. I have some of Paul Smith's beautiful birds, but unfortunately he doesn't raise whites.

I would join the White Ameraucana FB group. I'm confident you can find some breeders on there, depending on what you need. e.g. eggs, chicks, starter, adults etc..

Back
Top Bottom