Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Here are some more pictures of him

One of my customers is dying for AM chicks, and said she will take any that hatch from the first batch, so I'm going to pick out 2 dozen of the largest, roundest eggs and set them Friday :thumbsup

If you cock is showing leakage he is going to pass that on to the females, but you won't be able to tell.  You very likely have some females that are throwing those males.  I don't think it is your cock alone.  Your other crosses likely picked up the melanizers needed to cover the background color. 

Yes, if the sons show no leakage they should be fine to use.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and advise, I really appreciate that... I am picking up a new black cock on Friday that came from my hens lines and am going to test mate him... my hens and him are from totally separate lines than the Lav cock, and none of the males in their lines ever showed leakage so am hoping this will be a better result... :)

Hello, all! We had a terrible Ameraucana hatch last March and got 2 if 17 that were incubated. One was a girl, and I'm new to this breed. She's what, 10 months old at this point and still no eggs. Is this typical for the breed?

Back
Top Bottom