Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Is there a chance of anymore?

Here's number 2, the last one.

Anyone remember my blue Ameraucana, Nora, out of Cree Farms stock? Now, that is a beard! When her sister, Snow, and my black girl, Gypsy, are gone (they are 8 yrs old, with Gypsy turning 9 in Nov), I'm going to miss those blue eggs. I have one hen who is 1/2 BW Ameraucana and 1/2 EE who lays a gorgeous turquoise blue egg, but other than that, only one green egg layer.

Anyone remember my blue Ameraucana, Nora, out of Cree Farms stock? Now, that is a beard! When her sister, Snow, and my black girl, Gypsy, are gone (they are 8 yrs old, with Gypsy turning 9 in Nov), I'm going to miss those blue eggs. I have one hen who is 1/2 BW Ameraucana and 1/2 EE who lays a gorgeous turquoise blue egg, but other than that, only one green egg layer.

She is beautiful. You do not have to be without Ameraucanas, however. We do know lotsa people who sell them.(not me)

I GOT MY BABIES!!! I GOT MY BABIES!!! They're BEAUTIFUL! I'm so pleased with them. The wonderful people who were selling them had some really nice breeding stock. Their blue wheaten and wheaten roos were GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to see how my "girls" (hopefully, lol, got them straight run) turn out! Their parents are Paul Smith stock, so I'm hoping they'll turn out really nice. Here's some pics:

The little medium blue girl, who I believe will be named Vera (or Blueberry, if my daughter gets her way), she's 2 days old:

Here's the light blue (or splash? Opinions on that would be great! I thought she looked a little TOO light to be a blue, but I was having trouble telling the difference. Does she look blue or splash to you?) Her name will probably be Midge, and she's also 2 days old:

And last but definitely not least, my pretty blue wheaten, Rowena, who is (I believe) 2-3 weeks old. I love how much blue she has!

All 3 checking out the buffet:

I'm so excited! Can't wait to get my lovely blue eggs!! Any comments, critiques are welcome!

Back
Top Bottom