Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

We enjoyed showing Ameraucanas at the David Crockett Classic double show today. We took home reserve show champion large fowl in the first show with one of our hens, and reserve show champion large fowl in the second show with one of our pullets. It was a lot of fun!

Huge Congratulations! It is very rare for a blue wheaten to get on Champion Row, much less be awarded Reserve Show Champion!!

I got my 1st egg
1f373.png
And i am so excited!!! It is so funny, because everyone thought that she was a rooster because her peacomb was so red at a young age. Here it is! I placed it next to an extra-large white egg and she is a beaut!

I got my 1st egg
1f373.png
And i am so excited!!! It is so funny, because everyone thought that she was a rooster because her peacomb was so red at a young age. Here it is! I placed it next to an extra-large white egg and she is a beaut!

I am so excited for you! It is a beautiful blue too!

My wheatens both turned out to be boys. Go figure all I wanted was blue eggs and both chicks were promised to be girls but they started crowing.
1f413.png
I finally got a female chick at the end of July... so I have a ways to go before any blue eggs.

Thanks for sharing the picture! I am excited for you.. the first blue egg must be amazing!

We enjoyed showing Ameraucanas at the David Crockett Classic double show today. We took home reserve show champion large fowl in the first show with one of our hens, and reserve show champion large fowl in the second show with one of our pullets. It was a lot of fun!

Beautiful!!!

Hey guys!

I have I have 3 Ameraucana that I keep going back and forth on we there cockerel or pullet. They are all 13 weeks old tomorrow. Maybe someone can help me out? Here's some pics

Here's my Black:

Here's my Blue:
Has the smallest lightest comb of the 3. Side question - this one seems really light colored as far as the other Blue Ameraucana I've seen. Is this desirable? I sure do like it myself. I'm not sure if you can see it in these pics but he/she's got a couple of really dark splotches coming in. Mainly under the neck and on the tail. Is this normal or considered leakage?

My Splash:
This guy is muffless so I guess he isn't considered a true Ameraucana as far as SOP. Also, his feather quality is not very good. I do like the fact he/she is splash so I'm considering keeping it anyway. If I bred him/her how likely are the muffless/feather quality genes going to pass onto the offspring?

Hackle shots:
Blue and Splash

Black:

Hey guys!

I have I have 3 Ameraucana that I keep going back and forth on we there cockerel or pullet. They are all 13 weeks old tomorrow. Maybe someone can help me out? Here's some pics

Here's my Black:

Here's my Blue:
Has the smallest lightest comb of the 3. Side question - this one seems really light colored as far as the other Blue Ameraucana I've seen. Is this desirable? I sure do like it myself. I'm not sure if you can see it in these pics but he/she's got a couple of really dark splotches coming in. Mainly under the neck and on the tail. Is this normal or considered leakage?

My Splash:
This guy is muffless so I guess he isn't considered a true Ameraucana as far as SOP. Also, his feather quality is not very good. I do like the fact he/she is splash so I'm considering keeping it anyway. If I bred him/her how likely are the muffless/feather quality genes going to pass onto the offspring?

Hackle shots:
Blue and Splash

Black:

Black and Splash are cockerels, Blue is a pullet... beardlessness is a pain if bred into a line... if the one it's bred to has 2 genes, all the offspring will have only one... if it only has one, then you'll get 50% beardless, 25% single bearded, and 25% double... you really don't want to fight that if possible to avoid...

As long as the lacing/edging on the blue is nice and clear, shading of the blue can vary...

Here are some pictures of my little ones. Waiting for them to grow out so I can pick which ones I am keeping for my breeding program. Opinions are welcomed!
1f603.png

The blacks and dark blues dust bathing

My little cockerel.

My second pen. He is a little cutie but I am unsure about his coloring so far.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom