Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

My blue-silver cockerel. I think he is stunning. He will be going in with the darker silver AM pullets. The guy in the back (3rd) is a blue-silver I am not going to use who needs a new home. He is smaller that the one in the foreground. I have yet to see a blue-silver pullet in person, but hope to hatch one.
Wow! He's beautiful, Cree!! I'm loving this color!!!

@FreedomFarm13

Thank you. I was totally shocked when I saw the first egg yesterday... This one from today is a good size for a pullet egg. I didn't weight it, but based on the others I've weighed this one is right on the edge of small and medium.

Yay!!! Good girl! Ugh! I wish my girls would start laying already! They should've started in August, but a series of unfortunate events delayed them. I'm hoping they start soon. They're 9 months old now!!!

Mine are eight months now, but only the one was acting like it was close to laying. The other two blacks and my blue wheaten aren't remotely interested in the nest box. lol To be honest, I'm not expecting them to start until Spring. I've got my fingers cross for you.
fl.gif
Good luck!

Mine are eight months now, but only the one was acting like it was close to laying. The other two blacks and my blue wheaten aren't remotely interested in the nest box. lol To be honest, I'm not expecting them to start until Spring. I've got my fingers cross for you.
fl.gif
Good luck!

Thank you! I heard that Ams start laying pretty early in the spring if they don't lay through winter, so even if they do wait til spring, I'm hoping they'll start early. I'm thinking that once we get over the winter solstice hump (Dec. 21st, shortest day of the year) and the days start lengthening, that I'll start to get some eggs. That's what I'm hoping, anyway!!
fl.gif

She laid another egg today. Two days in a row! The Ameraucana egg is in the middle, the other two are easter egger's for comparison.
BEAUTIFUL!!! Looks a lot like my girls! :gig *I think* both my black pullets from Susan are now laying... haven't gotten 2 eggs in the same day yet though to know for certain... gotta get pics of them, the color sure is intense!
My blue-silver cockerel. I think he is stunning. He will be going in with the darker silver AM pullets. The guy in the back (3rd) is a blue-silver I am not going to use who needs a new home. He is smaller that the one in the foreground. I have yet to see a blue-silver pullet in person, but hope to hatch one.
So handsome!! Love his coloring as always... :D

Back
Top Bottom