Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Since FreedomFarm spoke about the blue leakage in the hackle feathers and the orange/copper coloring, would you advise that he could be used in breeding? Or should I think about only using him for breeding Easter Eggers if we wanted to use him at all?

Would it be ideal for the orange/copper coloring to be darker?

Since FreedomFarm spoke about the blue leakage in the hackle feathers and the orange/copper coloring, would you advise that he could be used in breeding? Or should I think about only using him for breeding Easter Eggers if we wanted to use him at all?

He's not the greatest in terms of coloring or build. He's not a good candidate for breeding, if your goal is outstanding, show quality birds.

Thank you for the input. We don't necessarily breed for show quality, but we do want birds with good standards for the breed.

Last edited:
Since FreedomFarm spoke about the blue leakage in the hackle feathers and the orange/copper coloring, would you advise that he could be used in breeding?  Or should I think about only using him for breeding Easter Eggers if we wanted to use him at all?

I believe it's supposed to be closer to the color he's got on his wings...a deep, rich, reddish kind of color. My cockerel had an issue with brassiness, too.

Back
Top Bottom