Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Thanks for the heads up. :) I may just join.
For now it's back to the drawing board to try to find decent quality birds that aren't half way across the country. I will hang on to these for now and do some breeding back to brown egg layers to see if either rooster has two copies of the blue genes. They're pretty otherwise and they're the only adult chickens I have right now so no point in getting rid of em. :T And who knows, maybe hen 3 will have two blues. Knock on wood.

@FowlStuff , Blehm, you're not super far from me tbh. XD Got any chicks for sale this year?
I have been lurking on this board. I am in Southeastern PA and there is a great breeder of lavender and black Amerucanas near me. Heck, even his EE ( Cailifornia Grey cross with Amerucauna) are guaranteed to lay blue.
Is Howell Michigan too far? I can recommend BJ's poultry--they have nice lavenders.
https://www.bjspoultry.com/lavender-ameraucana.html

Lelane, it's nice of you to point me towards specific breeders near me. :) Michigin is not too far for shipped birds. But I have a nice BBS and lavender breeder nearby in fact, within an hour. But I would prefer tot get wheatens to other colors, I like them the most.

Our 2018 Ameraucana National Meet is just over in WI this September. Check with some of the exhibitors that may have what you want and make deals in advance to pick up birds there.

September 29-30, 2018
Ameraucana National Meet
Wisconsin International Poultry Club – Wisconsin International, Portage WI

Our Ameraucana Directory lists at least one OH breeder of LF wheatens and blue wheatens that may have hatching eggs, chicks and birds to sell when available.
Others are in neighboring states and some may be at the national meet.

Our 2018 Ameraucana National Meet is now history. It was a great weekend! There were 249 Ameraucana chickens entered and the top winners were...

Bantams
White pullet, from a Young Trio, by Mike Gilbert - BV, BB, Champion AOCCL & Champion Ameraucana Overall!
Buff pullet, by Bob Walchak - BV & Reserve of Breed!

Large Fowl

Black cock, by Nate Rynish - BV, BB, Champion AOSB & Reserve Champion Ameraucana Overall!
Black pullet, by John Blehm - RV, RB & Reserve Champion AOSB!

A complete meet report will be in our Ameraucana Winter Newsletter.

Our 2018 Ameraucana National Meet is now history. It was a great weekend! There were 249 Ameraucana chickens entered and the top winners were...

Bantams
White pullet, from a Young Trio, by Mike Gilbert - BV, BB, Champion AOCCL & Champion Ameraucana Overall!
Buff pullet, by Bob Walchak - BV & Reserve of Breed!

Large Fowl

Black cock, by Nate Rynish - BV, BB, Champion AOSB & Reserve Champion Ameraucana Overall!
Black pullet, by John Blehm - RV, RB & Reserve Champion AOSB!

A complete meet report will be in our Ameraucana Winter Newsletter.
Congratulations on your win! Those are impressive entry numbers.

D2B0A78F-F2E1-425B-A72D-2E81D0D23D25.jpeg
My FAVORITE boy!
Friendly with people and good to my hens. Can all my Roosters be exactly like him?!?!
I also have another Ameraucana rooster with the same personality! Is that typical of the breed? I can’t even sit in a chair without him jumping into my lap!

Sidenote!! - What color is he considered?

Last edited:
View attachment 1549195 My FAVORITE boy!
Friendly with people and good to my hens. Can all my Roosters be exactly like him?!?!
I also have another Ameraucana rooster with the same personality! Is that typical of the breed? I can’t even sit in a chair without him jumping into my lap!

Sidenote!! - What color is he considered?
He looks like an Easter Egger to me, or EE, and not an Ameraucana.

Unfortunately lots of places sell mixed breeds as pure bred. :confused:

:confused:

EEs can be great fun too.

He looks like an Easter Egger to me, or EE, and not an Ameraucana.

Unfortunately lots of places sell mixed breeds as pure bred. :confused:

:confused:

EEs can be great fun too.

Dang it! Lol
How can you tell an EE from a purebred? I should post my other rooster and see what everyone thinks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom