Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Right- if you put them next to a wellie or leghorn they are not the common reddish brown.

This needs to be clarified...when a blanket statement is made that all assumed EE chicks have brown stripes and can therefore NOT be a pure Ameraucana, that is not true. It wasn't referred to reddish brown, or blackish brown, or any other type of brown...just brown. People that care to learn more about the colors of the Ameraucana breed need to be informed accurately. Happymtn, I also raise Wellies... I LOVE THEM
love.gif
...and you are very correct in saying they are reddish brown when hatched, that doesn't pertain to what was originally mentioned in offering breed advice.

Chipmunk chicks with brown stripes are common in EE's. True. Silver Ams chicks have brown stripes. Also true. We can't assume it is EE's. Silvers are not at all that rare...not where I'm sitting anyway. Most times I expect people have EE's before pure Ams...as that seems to be common place...but let's not count every newcomer out.
cool.png

Quote:
Right- if you put them next to a wellie or leghorn they are not the common reddish brown.

This needs to be clarified...when a blanket statement is made that all assumed EE chicks have brown stripes and can therefore NOT be a pure Ameraucana, that is not true. It wasn't referred to reddish brown, or blackish brown, or any other type of brown...just brown. People that care to learn more about the colors of the Ameraucana breed need to be informed accurately. Happymtn, I also raise Wellies... I LOVE THEM
love.gif
...and you are very correct in saying they are reddish brown when hatched, that doesn't pertain to what was originally mentioned in offering breed advice.

Chipmunk chicks with brown stripes are common in EE's. True. Silver Ams chicks have brown stripes. Also true. We can't assume it is EE's. Silvers are not at all that rare...not where I'm sitting anyway. Most times I expect people have EE's before pure Ams...as that seems to be common place...but let's not count every newcomer out.
cool.png

thumbsup.gif
wink.png

Last edited:
Look what I just put into the incubator.
big_smile.png

208d09a9.jpg

I'm also looking for show quality wheatens. Prefer chicks that will be shipped since I've had huge issues with shipped eggs. Anyone have some show winner line WA's for sale?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
Same here. I consider myself VERY lucky to get 3 chicks. But stoked with even one.

Yep, they are so addictively cute.
Shipped eggs are like lotto scratch offs; you never know how much the prize will be.
tongue.png

No kidding. I'm done with shipped eggs. Out of about 24-28 Exchequer Leghorn eggs in three different boxes... I got a grand total of three, yes 3 chicks. And those were NOT cheap eggs. I'd have been better off having the breeder hatch the eggs, paying for the box and shipping.

Last edited:
Thanks!

They're amazing in real life to. All from the same hen. The problem is she hates the rooster and hides from him. I may have to do AI if these eggs aren't fertile.

HappyMtn: Do you have pictures of your parent birds? I don't think I'm 'that' far from you. I'm N of Atlanta.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom