Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Understandable
wink.png
Seth is 14 and these are his first Ameraucanas/chickens. He knows how to color sex them but is anxious to know if they will be wheaten, blue wheaten or splash wheaten
big_smile.png

lol...oh sorry. I misread. I didn't realize they were wheaten. Thought Blue Black Splash (BBS). lol!

Hi Ameraucana Fans!
I have some astounding news form Europe. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with the very happy flockmaster this weekend.
For the newbies I will sum up: I am certified and I send hatching eggs overseas, and have had great success.
My last shipment of 6 eggs, 7 months ago resulted in 1 Blue Wheaten Cock, 2 Wheaten Hens and 2 Blue Wheaten Hens. They are at POL and no one has ever seen such beautiful eggs or birds. I guess muffs and beards are very foreign to them. Blue eggs are unheard of.
He has orders for live birds, with deposits. He is charging 100 Euros per bird and people are clamoring for them. He has now stopped taking orders as he only has 4 hens.
I have orders from others there to send hatching eggs in 2 weeks - What do you think I should charge now ?????!!!!!!!
I think I've started something akin to a gold rush!
I am amazed.
Denise

Last edited:
Hi Ameraucana Fans!
I have some astounding news form Europe. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with the very happy flockmaster this weekend.
For the newbies I will sum up: I am certified and I send hatching eggs overseas, and have had great success.
My last shipment of 6 eggs, 7 months ago resulted in 1 Blue Wheaten Cock, 2 Wheaten Hens and 2 Blue Wheaten Hens. They are at POL and no one has ever seen such beautiful eggs or birds. I guess muffs and beards are very foreign to them. Blue eggs are unheard of.
He has orders for live birds, with deposits. He is charging 100 Euros per bird and people are clamoring for them. He has now stopped taking orders as he only has 4 hens.
I have orders from others there to send hatching eggs in 2 weeks - What do you think I should charge now ?????!!!!!!!
I think I've started something akin to a gold rush!
I am amazed.
Denise

WOW Denise, that's wonderful....for you and the happy new flock owner.
wee.gif

I think you should charge what you feel is fair. I would think the shipping is kinda expensive too. Best of luck!!

LOL, just wait until the Europeans find out about the olive eggs.
big_smile.png

WOW Denise, that's wonderful....for you and the happy new flock owner.
wee.gif

I think you should charge what you feel is fair. I would think the shipping is kinda expensive too. Best of luck!!

LOL, just wait until the Europeans find out about the olive eggs.
big_smile.png

As you may remember, the first hatch was a dismal failure as he had to leave his incubator for 6 days just before hatch and after hatch due to a family medical emergency. When he returned, only 1 bird still lived, a chick which turned out to be a Blue Wheaten male, but he was horribly sick and been malnourished for days after hatch. He never walked but was a pet for about a year being hand fed daily. I begged the flock owner to put him out of his misery. He told me the bird crowed and chirped when he approached daily and they spent many hours just sitting together, feeding and stoking it, and he cared for the bird very well and cried when he died of natural causes. Now he has 5 healthy, happy Ameraucanas and they're the talk of the town! I made sure that they were as far from related as possible so he should be able to breed them from a very small population such as he has.

I just wanted to say thanks for the advice earlier last week on my EEs...I was fortunate to have a nice man I know on my local thread offer me 4 Ramsey line hens for my flock....after 6 hours round trip driving and a couple hours yakking happily I now have some gals I so desperatly wanted!! And my EEs now are making my BLRW roo Gus a happy man to have new ladies and I have pretty blue eggs for my eating dz's I sell!! With them in my BLRW coop I can still keep them...don't have to worry about an egg mixup,and still have my pure BLRW and Amer eggs with no worries!!

OK, I need some help. I've never hatched or even seen a female wheaten chick in person and I've only hatched black and splash males. I know it's little early, but I'm hoping you can help me with color and/or gender... These are from my splash wheaten cockerel over two wheaten and one blue wheaten hens.

I have four that are three and a half weeks old...

One and two are similarly colored...

Three and four are similar. Please disregard their dirty feet. There was one little piece of grossness in the kennel they were in and they ALL managed to decorate themselves up to their knees. Blech.

Here they all are enjoying the sunshine... The two smaller are two and a half weeks old if anyone is feeling ambitious. The poor SLW boy hasn't been real interested in growing his big bird feathers. I thought I might have to sunscreen him...

Back
Top Bottom