Ameraucanas vs Easter Eggers.

jnicholes

Free Ranging
7 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Dietrich, Idaho
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but can someone help me figure something out? I bought four ameraucana chicks thinking they would lay different colored eggs every day. However, after doing some research, I read that this breed only lays blue colored eggs.

I’m getting a lot of conflicting sources on egg color, so can someone please help me out? What color eggs do ameraucanas lay?

What’s the difference between an ameraucana and an Easter egger anyway? Are they different at all?

I am very confused.

Americanas are EEs that lay blue eggs. EE lay blue eggs. EE and americanas are the samething. Some Feed stores and hatcheries may label thier EE as americans to get more people to buy them, they are the samething.

Amerucana are chickens that breed pure that lay blue eggs.
Where did u get your chicks from.
If you want lots of coors in your egg basket get olive eggers, chocolate layers, rainbow layer or brown layers.

Americanas are EEs that lay blue eggs. EE lay blue eggs. EE and americanas are the samething. Some Feed stores and hatcheries may label thier EE as americans to get more people to buy them, they are the samething.

Amerucana are chickens that breed pure that lay blue eggs.
Where did u get your chicks from.
If you want lots of coors in your egg basket get olive eggers, chocolate layers, rainbow layer or brown layers.

I got them from Dunlap hatchery in Caldwell, Idaho.

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. I currently have brown layers, white layers, and blue layers now. I thought that would be a good mix of colors. They are still chicks.

I got them from Dunlap hatchery in Caldwell, Idaho.

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. I currently have brown layers, white layers, and blue layers now. I thought that would be a good mix of colors. They are still chicks.
They’re EEs then unless you bought them as a specific color or paid more? Some hatcheries like Meyer and I think Cackle have true Ams as well as EEs and list them separately but most don’t. Some will even list the wrong spelling of Americana and EE separately but both are Easter Eggers. True Ameraucanas are a separate breed and most hatcheries will usually sell them as specific colors like black or lavender or something.

Back
Top Bottom