American serama thread!

Are they all mixed together? I'd be interested in some but only in the smooth.
Yes, they are all housed together at this time.
Goodness! So cute!

Do you have any pictures of your adults handy?
I don't have any new pictures and I've probably shown these.

91.jpg
sei2.jpg
sadie.jpg

I need to take new pictures as these are older and I've a lot of young birds that have never had their picture taken.

Just found this thread!! I just hatched some serama and serama/old english mix babies. I can't wait to see how they grow up!!

This is dad to all babies. I know he isnt great quality but hes so gorgeous!!
20220302_091724.jpg

Serama mom (chocolate girl in front)
20220302_091755.jpg

BB red old english mom
20220224_164215.jpg

This fellow was in the pen for a bit so I think I have 1 or 2 full blooded babies from him and above mom.
Snapchat-499048322.jpg

Some of the babies!
20220315_090301.jpg

They changed a lot in 11 weeks.

The dark brown one grew gray wings. Later got touches of brown and today is mostly black.
View attachment 2914105

By 4 weeks the dark one had a mix of gray, brown and black feathers. At some angles, it still looked like it could be male.
View attachment 2914111

7 weeks
View attachment 2914112View attachment 2914114

11 weeks
View attachment 2914119

1st week: The light one had some light gray back fuzz but all feathers came in white. Skin/beak color darkened to yellow.
View attachment 2914106
At 4 weeks, the smaller white was showing some hints of maleness, which surprised me.
View attachment 2914108

7 weeks: Obvious male
View attachment 2914121
11 weeks
View attachment 2914120

I think their silkie mama knows these are her last chicks for 2021, so she still mothers them. Every time we want to hold our silkie or bring her for a car ride, these 2 must tag along.
I'm not sure if I'll get enough eyeballs here, and I'm sure I could just wait and see how they come out, but it's driving me crazy.
My black serama hen and my brown red rooster had 8 chicks for me, of them one has a lot of white on her, and several others have a fair amount on their wingtips and heads. (all with the most white are pullets I believe) No clue what's in their backgrounds but I own their adult kids, the 4 hens are all black, the one rooster is brown red like this guy. So, both these parents must be carrying mottle, right? I'm assuming the one with so much white won't turn black, is going to be some pretty gal, what about the others? I'm insanely excited about them because while I love black birds, I love blue and splash and millefleur and mottled, more.
How darling is this old guy? He broods those chicks, usually on the floor while his wife is on a perch.
Thanks in advance for any and all answers. Bonus points for answers I like (like "yes, there will be more than one mottled" type of thing).

Attachments

• IMG_7122 (2).JPG
    IMG_7122 (2).JPG
    551.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7125 (2).JPG
    IMG_7125 (2).JPG
    570.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7096 (2).JPG
    IMG_7096 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7051 (2).JPG
    IMG_7051 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I'm not sure if I'll get enough eyeballs here, and I'm sure I could just wait and see how they come out, but it's driving me crazy.
My black serama hen and my brown red rooster had 8 chicks for me, of them one has a lot of white on her, and several others have a fair amount on their wingtips and heads. (all with the most white are pullets I believe) No clue what's in their backgrounds but I own their adult kids, the 4 hens are all black, the one rooster is brown red like this guy. So, both these parents must be carrying mottle, right? I'm assuming the one with so much white won't turn black, is going to be some pretty gal, what about the others? I'm insanely excited about them because while I love black birds, I love blue and splash and millefleur and mottled, more.
How darling is this old guy? He broods those chicks, usually on the floor while his wife is on a perch.
Thanks in advance for any and all answers. Bonus points for answers I like (like "yes, there will be more than one mottled" type of thing).
Don't know about what colors you'll get, but I had to reply to say how adorable are those serama family pics! Such a sweet rooster.

Back
Top Bottom