American serama thread!

They changed a lot in 11 weeks.

The dark brown one grew gray wings. Later got touches of brown and today is mostly black.
View attachment 2914105

By 4 weeks the dark one had a mix of gray, brown and black feathers. At some angles, it still looked like it could be male.
View attachment 2914111

7 weeks
View attachment 2914112View attachment 2914114

11 weeks
View attachment 2914119

1st week: The light one had some light gray back fuzz but all feathers came in white. Skin/beak color darkened to yellow.
View attachment 2914106
At 4 weeks, the smaller white was showing some hints of maleness, which surprised me.
View attachment 2914108

7 weeks: Obvious male
View attachment 2914121
11 weeks
View attachment 2914120

I think their silkie mama knows these are her last chicks for 2021, so she still mothers them. Every time we want to hold our silkie or bring her for a car ride, these 2 must tag along.
I'm not sure if I'll get enough eyeballs here, and I'm sure I could just wait and see how they come out, but it's driving me crazy.
My black serama hen and my brown red rooster had 8 chicks for me, of them one has a lot of white on her, and several others have a fair amount on their wingtips and heads. (all with the most white are pullets I believe) No clue what's in their backgrounds but I own their adult kids, the 4 hens are all black, the one rooster is brown red like this guy. So, both these parents must be carrying mottle, right? I'm assuming the one with so much white won't turn black, is going to be some pretty gal, what about the others? I'm insanely excited about them because while I love black birds, I love blue and splash and millefleur and mottled, more.
How darling is this old guy? He broods those chicks, usually on the floor while his wife is on a perch.
Thanks in advance for any and all answers. Bonus points for answers I like (like "yes, there will be more than one mottled" type of thing).

Attachments

• IMG_7122 (2).JPG
    IMG_7122 (2).JPG
    551.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7125 (2).JPG
    IMG_7125 (2).JPG
    570.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7096 (2).JPG
    IMG_7096 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7051 (2).JPG
    IMG_7051 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Almost forgot about "Miss Take"
We didn't mean to hatch this chick. A sneaky broody got the egg past me and when I found it I saw a tiny bit of development. Oh well.

This mistake egg was incubated by a hen but moved to an incubator for hatch. (We needed her to stay broody and care for some quail due a few days later.) She stayed in the house and was pampered until the quail hatched. She was raised with the quail for about 6 weeks and then added to a hatch of large fowl chicks with a different broody. Not sure if she identifies herself as a human, quail, or large fowl. Mistake turned into "Miss Take" when we knew she was female. For fun, we entered her in the county fair. She along with several of our other chickens were chosen as class champions and competed against each other. 🤣 Miss Take ended up getting grand champion bantam- even beating our 3 time grand champ silkie hen, that won reserve this year.
View attachment 3618546
She's darling- especially how she's looking at you and the ribbon, "yeah- we did that!"

does anyone know if Ayam Seramas (extreme seramas) are in the USA? I don’t have any seramas my but sometime in the future i would love to get the Ayams

Let's play guess that gender!!!
Seramas - 3 weeks old
Let me know if you agree with my predictions.
* Please excuse the messy appearance. They were fed some moistened crumbles and decided to roll in it.

The only dark one is, of course, going to be male. Just my luck
Black (2).jpg

The white one with a bit of buff looks female.
buff (8).jpg

This interesting one was white at hatch but feathers are growing in dark gray. Looks like a male to me.
grey (3).jpg

This one is off-white. Looks very similar to the other one so I keep forgetting about her. This "middle child" looks female.
off white (3).jpg

Female. Here's the baby/runt. I wasn't sure if it would make it because of her smaller size and tired looking eyes. But, she's just slower to mature and keeps up with her siblings and mamas. (2 hens are sharing these babies)
mini white (6).jpg

Back
Top Bottom