American serama thread!

congrats alexandraintn thats the best christmas present ever.
jumpy.gif
Cluck-cluck the pictures never came up for me either so i think they are just not there. also for everyone i have a question what is the differnts between malayisan seramas and American seramas? thanks still learning

I have a question for you serama breeders. Since it seems that only the females have that ugly, "wild-type" plumage, while the males get the solid color feathers, would it then be reasonable to assume that when the wild-type, multi-colored feathers come in, the chick is female? Or do all serama chicks start out with the multi-colored chick feathering for nature's sake, just like fawns (baby deer, not color) have spots when they are born to keep hidden?

Gardenmama,I meant a hamster bottle, don't know what you thought I meant? You know the type with a ball barring that lets drops of water come out? Is there anything else I can use? I would have thought the shinning tip would have had them pecking at it right away!

thumbsup.gif
Yep, that's what I meant, too. They will figure it out eventually. Of course, you have to keep what they're used to in there until they do. I would put their beak to it daily though, they'll get it. What's the saying....You can lead a chick to water.....

Pic overload

First up....
Baby Maran!! I just love this pic!

the next two pics are the 2 Gold Laced Cochin <3

Next is the beautiful Blue Maran chicks!! there are 6 total

below is Harmonys 4 cutie serama from CPL eggs

Next is the 1 of Harmonys serama from Bhep eggs, just love tiny tail feathers comin straight up!! yes he did poo on my pool table!

Sally, they are beautiful. Next spring I'm gonna try some Cochin's. Just love 'em!!

The color sounds like a brown/red

Okay, I need help here. I have this color Serama roo. When I Google Wheaten Serama I find a lot of pictures of this color. So, I've been saying that mine is Wheaten, but he looks like the Brown/Red you posted here. Do you know the difference, or am I looking at the wrong pictures on Google, or are they the same color? I truly have no clue.

This is NOT a good pic of Fred, he normally has a much prouder posture.

Back
Top Bottom