American serama thread!

Froggie, hence your name you must like those creatures of the frog family. Here are some pictures of our Arizona toads. They come out when we have monsoons or you keep a place like a garden watered. They like to gather on the front porch at night and get the bugs attracted by the front light. The only bad things about this type of toad is they give out a toxen when a predator like a dog tries to pick them up. They can give a dog fits and can kill a small dog. We keep them out of the back yard for sure!

Froggie, hence your name you must like those creatures of the frog family. Here are some pictures of our Arizona toads. They come out when we have monsoons or you keep a place like a garden watered. They like to gather on the front porch at night and get the bugs attracted by the front light. The only bad things about this type of toad is they give out a toxen when a predator like a dog tries to pick them up. They can give a dog fits and can kill a small dog. We keep them out of the back yard for sure!
WOW! the first pic looks like a statue! COOL DUDES> I have a friend in NM that has a resident toad [with dark spots on it] that lives in his courtyard and dines with his seramas when they free range in there...really cute!

Last edited:
Well my hatching is done and I got my first two tiny serama chicks. I have 6 more in the incubator but they still have two weeks to go. Plus I got a call from my mother and she has caught the "Bantam Bug". She ordered 20 serama eggs this morning assuming I had space.

They are crosses with mostly OEGB. The colors are OEGB colors. Trying to remember where the booting comes from in these crosses and Houdan comes to mind. The third TALL one has some sort of either jungle fowl, or possible aseel/thai/shamo/modern to have such a tall upright stance. How old are these cuties?
smile.png

p.s. where do you live? They remind me of kikirikis.
Oh they are about 1 and a half month old and why did u think the black one has some red jungle fowl in it just curious because u said of how the tail looks like and can u help me with is it a male or female and i live in mn.

Kuku, did Berry hatch her eggs?

She did! Toy totally crushed one egg, but out of the others that survived him, 3 hatched! I was super excited, but they haven't been doing real well. Berry wasn't really sure what to do with them once they stopped being eggs LOL. She wouldn't let them sit under her, but she sort of corralled them into the corner with the food and water and kept Toy at bay. I gave them a heat lamp but let them stay with momma. The first one only made it one day. Then she picked a favorite and only let that one snuggle with her, the other one just slept next to her. At a week old I found the second one limp next to the food, not really sure what happened. It must have JUST happened because he wasn't stiff yet, poor little guy. Now Berry and the remaining baby are doing just great, he washer favorite. She takes very good care of him, so I'm hoping all will be well from here on out. Not too bad for her very first time, and on those CRAZY small eggs, she's so tiny! I wonder if this is as big as she will get?
I will see if I can snag some pictures for you! Berry always stands in front of the babies so I could never get a decent picture. Might be able to when she takes him out this afternoon though.

Back
Top Bottom