American serama thread!

Toy out with little Choc Chip and his blue japanese bantam (who still doesn't have a name lol)

And Berry out with her little one (also not named)

Fuzzybird - I took about 50 shots and got about 4 with the baby in them and these two were the only clear ones, she is very protective of this little guy!

Last edited:
Kuku, I am so pleased! Berry is a micro I think. Tiny girl I miss her! Hope little chick is a girl!
I should really weigh her, but I don't have anything that accurate lol. She is sure fun to watch with her little baby. Toy has taken ChocChip and the blue jap into their flock too, I'm so glad they are all getting along. I ate all my full sized roosters so now the serama can come out and free range with the large chickens, and Toy mounts every single one of them, even my Jersey Giant! It's so hilarious! They all squat for him and everything.

I would love to see him trying to breed a JG!
lau.gif

Seramas do not co-mingle well, I tried to add a new hen that is 5 months old in with Rooder and BB, BB was not having it, I finally had to take her back out for fear that BB was going to kill her. Then I tried adding the 5 months old hen in with my 3 month old chicks and she started pecking all of them in the head...I guess it just takes time and more space than I have right now in the coops.

I tryed to introduce 2 pullets together. They are both 9 mos and same size. My first 1 hen is my pet indoors. I thought she was lonely. Not. I got another one to be her buddy which did not work out at all. I know pecking order but this was beyond that. The new one can't get along with anyone. Fine with humans not other chickens not even my silkies

I tryed to introduce 2 pullets together. They are both 9 mos and same size. My first 1 hen is my pet indoors. I thought she was lonely. Not. I got another one to be her buddy which did not work out at all. I know pecking order but this was beyond that. The new one can't get along with anyone. Fine with humans not other chickens not even my silkies
I wonder if she might be stressed from the move and possibly need a little time to settle in.
I was given a blue laced Wyandotte that the person could not get to integrate with her flock.
It took about 6 weeks but she did decide to join them.

Hi, One thing you might try is to keep them near each other but have the new hen penned in a small pet cage of some sort (preferably wire so they can see thru well). This way they can see and hear each other and get socialized without the fear that the new one is taking the 1st hens' space.

smile.png

I know cross breeding isn't all that popular but does anyone have picks of a serama x D'Ucle? I have 3 Mille Fluer D'Ucle pullets in with my Class C serama and was wondering what te offspring might look like.

Back
Top Bottom