American serama thread!

Thank you. Just got him so I've quarantined him and the bantam silkie that he came with. Just wasn't sure. I have a serama hen already but this is my first roo of the type and trying to learn more about the breed.

Thank you for the information.  I kept reading all the standards and couldn't find anything about the leg color so it is good to know that when the breed standard becomes more refined as more colors are accepted into the ABA that the preferred leg color will be yellow.  Will this be for both the table top and cage shows. I guess it would have to be all the shows that are sanctioned by the ABA.

It makes things a little easier when you have a standard to breed for

thanks again

the APA recognized white. Shanks and toe color are yellow

Last edited:
I am so sad I have to rehome my favorite little Serama rooster Otis he is too loud for my chicken hating neighbors )':

(Ignore my face in the corner)

So one of my Roo's was sadly just killed by my neighbour's dog. I talked to one of the occupants and they said they could reimburse me for damages. Not sure what I should do right now, any thoughts?

I'm asking because I want to sound reasonable assuming my neighbors do not know about Seramas. They might be thinking I'm crazy for asking what I paid, for "just a chicken", in respect to a reimbursement.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom