Ancona Ducks

I got a dozen eggs from her!100% fertility. All but one hatched. Got 2 tris, 5 black and 4 blue
yeah just make sure that you give her a positive seller rating
thumbsup.gif
mine haven't gone into lock-down yet but i saw one egg move earlier and apparently the sound i made made two people in my house come running
lau.gif

yeah just make sure that you give her a positive seller rating:thumbsup  mine haven't gone into lock-down yet but i saw one egg move earlier and apparently the sound i made made two people in my house come running :lau  
Haha, yeah I've given her very high reviews and recommended her to everyone :) everyone makes fun of how I talk to them

My ancona hen laid for the first time last week, I am so excited. Six eggs in the incubator and they are all fertile, I better buy another swimming pool lol I see little duckies in my future!

we have a pip but it's on the wrong end!!! did anyone have anacona duck eggs that piped on the wrong end and survied ?

I had one, but I was really late getting to it. It also shrink wrapped. So it was a double whammy. It survived, but it had problems. I gave it several baths and it still looked sticky. It made it to 4 days old. Then I put them out of there misery. It was a very hard thing to do I might add. I had spent so much time with it.

As far as it being at the wrong end, you can put it in an egg carton tilted at 45 degrees, pointy end up. If she is not zipping, after 36 hours or labored breathing occurs.......................that is your call.... Watch for drying out too!

I get a lot of pips at the wrong end because my shells are so thick they don't lose enough water even running completely dry. Just keep an eye on it. About half will need assistance.

Back
Top Bottom