Ancona Ducks

I find these pictures super funny! Lol!

Winteree, I hope the hatch turns out fine! Keep us posted.

What color are my anconas? The smaller one was mostly white down with yellow and gray/brown down, the bigger one was just yellow and the gray/brown color.
Seeing all these dark ducklings is making me kind of sad I didn't get a black one!
I'll try to get updated pictures tomorrow!
They were one day old in this picture.

This is Ducky, he's bigger/older. The smaller one was a preemie and has a crooked foot (it faces inward more than it should, but he seems to get along well, gonna keep an eye on it) named "Little Foot"., incubation issues, lost the rest of the clutch, the black/silver ones, bummer.

What color are my anconas? The smaller one was mostly white down with yellow and gray/brown down, the bigger one was just yellow and the gray/brown color.
Seeing all these dark ducklings is making me kind of sad I didn't get a black one!
I'll try to get updated pictures tomorrow!
They were one day old in this picture.

This is Ducky, he's bigger/older. The smaller one was a preemie and has a crooked foot (it faces inward more than it should, but he seems to get along well, gonna keep an eye on it) named "Little Foot"., incubation issues, lost the rest of the clutch, the black/silver ones, bummer.

I don't know the colors, but those are some cute ducklings! I'm going to show my son when he's home from preschool and tell him one is named Little Foot! He loves land before time, so will think that's so cool! Maybe you got a lavender one and a silver, they are all so pretty :)

Cuties! And I think the darker one is a blue (rare) and the other one could be a lavender. You just gotta wait til they start developing their juvie or adult feathers. (Always this dang waiting game with those ducks, isn't it?!)

For the crooked food, give him Niacin (100mg/1 gal water) or brewers yeast sprinkles on food. Electrolytes are never wrong too. Do this for about 4-6 weeks (won't hurt the other one) and should hopefully help and better the turned foot.

i seem to have the worst luck with exploding eggs the first hatch i had i was viewing an egg when it exploded on me and this time. last night around 3 i smelled a horrible smell in my room and tracked it to the incubator and found out it was coming from one of the egg's i didn't see any movement so i put it in a baggie to crack it open and as soon as i turned around bam-o rotten egg got all over the counter. But it looks like the duckling piped on the wrong end through a vein the chick had to have done this a few days ago to have the smell that bad.

But for the good news the other 5 egg's have all piped but the first wrong end pip seems to have gotten shrink wrapped so i will give it another day if it's still not out by tomorrow morning then i will intervene. some weird has happened with the egg's though all the egg's have external pip's sense yesterday but none other then the wrong end pip have tried to zip yet.

I wish i could show you all pics but i found out last night that my camera ran out of juice and that i was out of AAA battery's long after all the local stores closed. so my dad is out buying me some as we speak.

ducky is from the land before time as well!

Oh, yes my friend! I must have read over where you said Ducky. Just reread and saw that you have a Ducky :) Trust me, I'm well versed in Land Before Time! Lol! My son had a dinosaur birthday party.... my life at the moment revolves around dinosaurs and frozen! Lol

Back
Top Bottom