Ancona Ducks

Noticed that lately some of my anconas have been limping. Not the same duck and it doesnt even last all day. They are eating same diet as always, layer pellets, veggie scraps, and whatever they find in the yard.
My wife wonders if they are getting stung by bees? Does this sound like a possibility? Their yard has quite a bit of clover in it and there are tons of honey bees. At first I thought no way that their feet are too tough but since it doesnt last very long I am starting to think she might be right.
Any other possibilities?

Noticed that lately some of my anconas have been limping. Not the same duck and it doesnt even last all day. They are eating same diet as always, layer pellets, veggie scraps, and whatever they find in the yard.
My wife wonders if they are getting stung by bees? Does this sound like a possibility? Their yard has quite a bit of clover in it and there are tons of honey bees. At first I thought no way that their feet are too tough but since it doesnt last very long I am starting to think she might be right.
Any other possibilities?
How old are they?

Couple years old. I cut the grass in their area; cut it pretty short to get rid of the clover flowers and I haven't noticed it since.
In a related incident I got stung by a bee on the foot while standing in some clover at my brother-in-laws the other day. It hurt for a while, lol.

Who knows? I'll post back if I see it again. I wish they ate clover, although I am thankful they eat the dandelions.

Any other possibilities?
That's so funny!!! Poor duckies!

Hi everyone, I have one too many drakes. If anyone is in the Kansas City, MO metro (or close enough to want to drive), and could use a drake, he's looking for a home. He's black and white.

Everyone in, the pool is clean!

Noticed something today, drakes tend to shed the water more than the ducks. The girls come out looking wet while the boys come out looking dry. Maybe a time of year thing? I think they will start to molt within next month or so.

Attachments

• 2017-09-03 ducks.jpg
    2017-09-03 ducks.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 11
It was a my nephews. When he out grew it I bought it from them. Its a Step 2 splash center. Sadly they stopped making them. It has lasted longer than all my other kiddie pools combined.

Back
Top Bottom