Any Home Bakers Here?

Here are the sugar cookies (remember I said I was not a decorator). I used my turkey cookie cutter but by the time I got done with them, they kind of looked more like Orpingtons, :lol:

100_0018.JPG

CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
16 Tab (8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 Cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt

1. Combine butter and cream cheese in mixer bowl. Beat until fluffy.
2. Add sugar and beat some more.
3. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
4. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat just until combined.
5. Separate dough into 4 parts, wrap each part in plastic wrap. Pat into disk and chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
6. Pre-heat oven to 325*. Roll dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll about 1/2" thick. (See note)
7. Bake on parchment covered cookie sheets 15-18 minutes (they will be pale with golden edges). Transfer to rack to cool completely. Frost as desired.

Note: The first batch I rolled 1/2" thick but felt it was too thick. After that, I rolled the dough about 1/4" thick.

Overall, not a bad cookie. I can't say it was the very best cookie ever, but will do for a sugar cookie.

Here are the sugar cookies (remember I said I was not a decorator). I used my turkey cookie cutter but by the time I got done with them, they kind of looked more like Orpingtons, :lol:

View attachment 1192628

CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
1 1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 Cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt

4. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat just until combined.
5. Separate dough into 4 parts, wrap each part in plastic wrap. Pat into disk and chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
6. Pre-heat oven to 325*. Roll dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll about 1/2" thick. (See note)
7. Bake on parchment covered cookie sheets 15-18 minutes (they will be pale with golden edges). Transfer to rack to cool completely. Frost as desired.

Note: The first batch I rolled 1/2" thick but felt it was too thick. After that, I rolled the dough about 1/4" thick.

Overall, not a bad cookie. I can't say it was the very best cookie ever, but will do for a sugar cookie.
They look great!

I bet they taste good too

View attachment 1192628

CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
1 1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 Cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt

I think you did a fantastic job of decorating.:thumbsup

View attachment 1192628

CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
1 1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 Cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom