Any Home Bakers Here?

This instapot chat is helpful since we're thinking about getting one.
I use mine daily.
On thanks giving I was using the slow cooker function for candies yams. The turkey finished early and there was still an hour or so on the yams. I took the slow cooker lid off and put the pressure cooker lid on. My Mom was watching and asked me what I was doing.

I put them under pressure for 10 minutes and released. The yams were perfect!

It seems that everyone is either getting one or has one...

I've seen good and bad reviews about them too.
I have read a couple of bad reviews and notice one thing....The reviewers have no clue on how to use a pressure cooker!

For example, they say that a 10 minute cook time under pressure is misleading because it takes time to get the liquid up to pressure--excuse me, but it takes time to get the same stew up to boiling! Recipes say bring to a boil and cook for 2.5 hours. Pressure cooker is bring up to pressure and cook for 45 minutes. It only takes about 5 more minutes to get stew up to pressure from boil time.

Pressure cookers are green cooking too. Because once they get up to pressure, it takes very little energy to keep the pressure. Since the cooking time is lower, it takes something like 25% of the energy to cook a pot of stew compared to stove top or oven

I have used mine every night this week

Googled Emile Henry Ceramic Pot.....recommendations for pots that have never been used...1 inch milk in pot simmer 5 minutes let cool
before using.

I am going to do before I use for baking my bread. Will keep you posted and hopefully I can post the bread and the pot. Aria

Googled Emile Henry Ceramic Pot.....recommendations for pots that have never been used...1 inch milk in pot simmer 5 minutes let cool
before using.

I am going to do before I use for baking my bread. Will keep you posted and hopefully I can post the bread and the pot. Aria
I am looking forward to it!

Last edited:
I have read a couple of bad reviews and notice one thing....The reviewers have no clue on how to use a pressure cooker!

For example, they say that a 10 minute cook time under pressure is misleading because it takes time to get the liquid up to pressure--excuse me, but it takes time to get the same stew up to boiling! Recipes say bring to a boil and cook for 2.5 hours. Pressure cooker is bring up to pressure and cook for 45 minutes. It only takes about 5 more minutes to get stew up to pressure from boil time.

Pressure cookers are green cooking too. Because once they get up to pressure, it takes very little energy to keep the pressure. Since the cooking time is lower, it takes something like 25% of the energy to cook a pot of stew compared to stove top or oven

I have used mine every night this week
That's very interesting and good to know. I've read reviews on some products and people use it and before seeing what the problem is they rate it 1 star. :hmm

That's a great time saver.

Back
Top Bottom