Any Home Bakers Here?

I was going to try corned venison and cabbage and I was going to have mashed potatoes with it.

The meat itself is 3 inches thick, and it weighs around 5 pounds. According to the recipe, it needs to brine for 5 days. Other sources said to brine it for different lengths of time, so I am not sure what is correct. I think 5 days sounds about right. Tomorrow will be day three of brining.

Jared
Ok... Most brining recipes are focused on meat density. I would compare your recipe with the alton recipe and focus on weights. You likely want to remove the smaller pieces sooner.

When you prepare it for dinner I suggest Chef Paul Prudome's recipe, but use all of the spices.

Dear canners,
It is typically a bad idea to pressure can pasta (and anymore, any sort of flour or thickener) in a broth base. However, I am curious about dry pasta canned with tomato sauce. Would it still turn out gummy/gross?

I can my sauce. When it is time to eat I put sauce, noodles in slow cooker for about 30 minutes to an hour depending on how much I am making for the evening.
* edit to add.
I Don't add water to it as the sauce heats it cooks the noodles and the sauce is all I add
Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom