Any Home Bakers Here?

Bob, I like English Muffins...yours look fantastic. Will try the Recipe Soon. Thanks for sharing. Aria
The biggest challenge I've had with them is getting a consistent 1/2" thick roll out. I'm thinking the next time I have the table saw out, I'm gonna cut a couple of 1/2" strips of maple.

The biggest challenge I've had with them is getting a consistent 1/2" thick roll out. I'm thinking the next time I have the table saw out, I'm gonna cut a couple of 1/2" strips of maple.
I’m tempted to get a rolling pin with bands that keep the pin 1/4”, 1/2”... above the counter.

These guides fit over a standard rolling pin

1583768396659.png

I grew up in Iowa and Kansas and we always called them "pop". It wasn't until I moved to Florida that I found out people said "soda". :confused:

There are several words to describe the drink. In all of my moving I have heard it called pop, soda, cola, coke, and soft drink. So it depends on where you are as to what it is called.

Did another batch of english muffins. This time I doubled the recipe, got a whole lot better at rolling to a consistent 1/2" and used the larger cutter.

View attachment 2046642

We also decided we wanted Cinnamon Raisin Bread, so went looking for a quick recipe that we could also manage proofer and oven time. This recipe is a bit strange, but it works and tastes fantastic. I added something I stole from someone else, before we put it in the oven, we brushed it with milk and sprinkled cinnamon and sugar over it. Also, only had a 1/3 cup of raisins so it's 50/50 raisins and craisins. Ohhhh and the cinnamon honey butter is to die for.

Dutch Oven Cinnamon Raisin Bread.

View attachment 2046643
The recipe has a half a teaspoon of salt in it. Did it seem like it needed more salt?

The recipe has a half a teaspoon of salt in it. Did it seem like it needed more salt?
Actually, no which was quite surprising to me. This is the strangest bread recipe I've come across. Single rise, little kneading, very little salt and activating the yeast without sugar. But I followed it and was very pleasantly surprised. The thought of raisin bread in less than two hours captured my attention.

I have gotten much better at following a recipe to the letter the first time through, and then mess with it on the second, or subsequent tries.

Back
Top Bottom