Any Home Bakers Here?

Well I know it isn't really "baking" but I am hoping for some input please! So, long story short my mother-in-law loves the Folgers brand vanilla cappuccino in a canister. I tried to look up a few recipes to make a powdered mix for her and have been trying to work on the recipe and edit it as we go along. It's not the exact taste of her regular brand of cappuccino, but now she mixes them half and half (1/2 brand name, 1/2 homemade). This is my third recipe:

Vanilla Cappuccino Mix #3 - 1/4 cup mix to 1 cup hot water.
(The mix makes about 1 quart jar and one pint jar)

* 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix
* 10 oz French Vanilla powdered creamer
* 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
* 1 cup confectioners sugar
* 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
* 1/2 cup instant coffee granules

I mix the bowl of ingredients well then put into my mini processor blender to mix it better, and to break down some of those coffee granules. This recipe was after adjusting to her tastes (powdered milk initially too strong, vanilla flavor was weak). But the recipe still isn't quite right to taste for her to use it in full. Any opinions how to bring out the vanilla flavor more, or to make it taste similar? Any extra ideas? Thanks so much!

Well I know it isn't really "baking" but I am hoping for some input please! So, long story short my mother-in-law loves the Folgers brand vanilla cappuccino in a canister. I tried to look up a few recipes to make a powdered mix for her and have been trying to work on the recipe and edit it as we go along. It's not the exact taste of her regular brand of cappuccino, but now she mixes them half and half (1/2 brand name, 1/2 homemade). This is my third recipe:

Vanilla Cappuccino Mix #3 - 1/4 cup mix to 1 cup hot water.
(The mix makes about 1 quart jar and one pint jar)

* 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix
* 10 oz French Vanilla powdered creamer
* 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
* 1 cup confectioners sugar
* 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
* 1/2 cup instant coffee granules

I mix the bowl of ingredients well then put into my mini processor blender to mix it better, and to break down some of those coffee granules. This recipe was after adjusting to her tastes (powdered milk initially too strong, vanilla flavor was weak). But the recipe still isn't quite right to taste for her to use it in full. Any opinions how to bring out the vanilla flavor more, or to make it taste similar? Any extra ideas? Thanks so much!
What a fun project!

Some of this?

1585009043476.png

What bread was it?
KA whole wheat oatmeal bread

This is the 100% whole wheat bread, right? My Whole Wheat bread is always more dense than white bread, but that said, did it rise till doubled in size after placing in the tins and before baking?
No though the name of the recipe says Whole Wheat. It is 1.5 cups wheat, 4 cups unbleached white. I used maple sugar since A) we live in the maple state and B) we have some ;) I think I'd skip the cinnamon the next time, there is only 1 tsp but it is really noticeable (and I don't even have the super powerful Vietnamese type that they suggest)

It rose to the top of the glass pans then quit. An extra hour gained no height.

@ronott1 - Do you think a similar thing could essentially be made from toasting then pulverizing a few vanilla beans with the mortar and pestle?
It would have to be made from using the seeds inside the beans and then drying them. the outside of the bean would still be too fibrous

There may be more options at vanillaqueen.com. The last time I looked they were adding some reasonably priced imitation vanilla products the might work well in a drink mix.

KA whole wheat oatmeal bread

No though the name of the recipe says Whole Wheat. It is 1.5 cups wheat, 4 cups unbleached white. I used maple sugar since A) we live in the maple state and B) we have some ;) I think I'd skip the cinnamon the next time, there is only 1 tsp but it is really noticeable (and I don't even have the super powerful Vietnamese type that they suggest)

It rose to the top of the glass pans then quit. An extra hour gained no height.
Maple syrup should be fine but molasses helps bread rise.

My guess is that something happened to the yeast. Even if using instant yeast, do not do the add yeast to some of the flour and add 130 degree water. Instead add the yeast to 85F water(liquid in the recipe if it is milk) and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes until the yeast is all dissolved and slightly foamy.

You will get better results that way

Back
Top Bottom