Any Home Bakers Here?

Just discovered the KAF recipe for Sourdough Crumpets. Great way to use discard sourdough starter!
227 g unfed starter/discard
1 tsp sugar
up to 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Since I don't have crumpet rings (who knew there was such a thing?lol), I used my KAF hamburger bun pan and baked them @350 for 8 to 10 min. Makes four and couldn't be easier.
I also cooked some in my skillet, free form, and ate them as pancakes. Like them much better than KAF's sourdough waffle/pancake recipe. They are so much easier and great for one or two servings. The waffle recipe makes way more batter than I can possibly use.

okay will fry them in oil next time the oven did not cook even bottom and top only
Mine tend to start browning around the edges and are done when the top looks dry (not browned). But, I have a gas oven and they are not as consistent temp wise as electric and definitely cook differently. For me, they still taste good and are super easy. Oh yeah, you are suppose to be able to use jar lids for rings in the skillet. I'm assuming wide mouth jar lids since they make four. A tip from a reviewer on KAF suggested heating and oiling the lids before pouring the batter in.

Mine tend to start browning around the edges and are done when the top looks dry (not browned). But, I have a gas oven and they are not as consistent temp wise as electric and definitely cook differently. For me, they still taste good and are super easy. Oh yeah, you are suppose to be able to use jar lids for rings in the skillet. I'm assuming wide mouth jar lids since they make four. A tip from a reviewer on KAF suggested heating and oiling the lids before pouring the batter in.
I use my skillet and oil the rings. Thanks for the recipe, definitely giving these a try!

Back
Top Bottom