Any Home Bakers Here?

Morning all had a rough day yesterday but feel normal this morning.
Making pizza tonight need to make pesto first .. When I make make full quart mason jar
Freeze it bring it out spoon some out add oil

I'm making the dough for our pizza crusts today!

Sounds like our minds are running on the same track Penny :)

I ran out of store bought muffins so had to settle for my healthier reduced sugar Apple Nut muffins for breakfast.View attachment 2143102View attachment 2143103View attachment 2143105View attachment 2143106
Apple Nut Muffins

1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sucralose
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg - I used a jumbo egg, you could use 2 smaller eggs.
4 Red Delicious apples - 3 apples peeled , cored and grated coarsely and most of the juice squeezed out - 1 apple peeled, cored and sliced.
1 cup whole walnut pieces

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, oil, sugar, sucralose and honey. Cream the mixture until smooth. Add the egg to the creamed mixture and mix until creamy. Beat in the grated apple and add the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until the batter is smooth.
Fold in sliced apples and walnuts.
Bake at 375° F for approximately 22 to 25 minutes, test with toothpick for doneness.
OOOHHH those look delicious. Mouth is watering. Thanks for including the recipe, will have to make them.

I know - right? I think I have gained 5 pounds because of all the beautiful bread pics and recipes. Now, I have to go start my loaf bread- will have sandwiches tonight, maybe apple muffins for breakfast.
I know! Bread is so good though

The Champlain Sourdough, while a bit flat, is tasty with a decent texture. Had to make 1.5 sandwiches. Goes good with soup. A bit holey for French Toast.

NEED TO FIND WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR!!!!!

DSCN2003.JPG

If loaf bread rises too much it can be hard to use for making sandwiches
I didn't have that problem with my "muffin top" KA Basic Sourdough loaf. It was hard to get out of the glass pan but made fine sandwiches and French Toast. Would have had to cut off some of the "ears" to get it in the toaster.

I'm blaming this thread for my bread making.
Me too! I never baked bread until February. I kept seeing all the goodies here and thought "well if ALL those people can make decent bread, maybe I can too".

Update:

I am nearly stable mentally on the new dosage of medication. Still going to see my psychiatric doctor soon, though.
VERY happy to hear that Jared. Please keep on top of it as you have been doing. :hugs

The Champlain Sourdough, while a bit flat, is tasty with a decent texture. Had to make 1.5 sandwiches. Goes good with soup. A bit holey for French Toast.

NEED TO FIND WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR!!!!!

View attachment 2147688

I didn't have that problem with my "muffin top" KA Basic Sourdough loaf. It was hard to get out of the glass pan but made fine sandwiches and French Toast. Would have had to cut off some of the "ears" to get it in the toaster.

Me too! I never baked bread until February. I kept seeing all the goodies here and thought "well if ALL those people can make decent bread, maybe I can too".

VERY happy to hear that Jared. Please keep on top of it as you have been doing. :hugs
You can bake bread!

I realized the other day as I was making the 1-hour french bread that I have been using the King Arthur High Gluten Bread Flour. Bought it at the Mennonite Store without it registering in my brain that it was King Arthur's flour that you'all are always taking about. View attachment 2148397
We are all guilty of something similar. My neighbor found some King Arthur's Organic Bread Flour. SUPER. Paid $6.49....a bit pricey...but
NO BREAD FLOUR around here. I asked if he finds more....to purchase
it for me. We never know how long this no bread flour is going to continue. Aria

Back
Top Bottom