Any Home Bakers Here?

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I’m taking the duck out of the brine in an hour. Then, I’m going to try putting the duck in the Crock pot.
I treat game the same way I treat regular poultry. After cleaning, I let them rest for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator before cooking them.

By the way, does anyone have any giblet gravy recipes?
I render a stock using the neck, feet, giblets and anything else left over or the spent carcass. I skim the fat that I get from it as long as I get at least 3 table spoons it's good, if not then add butter to make it 3 table spoons. Heat the fat, add 3TBS flour cook it a bit, add desired spices and then the stock and chopped up giblets. Unlike R2Elk, I like the liver in my gravy. I also add mushrooms.

I render a stock using the neck, feet, giblets and anything else left over or the spent carcass. I skim the fat that I get from it as long as I get at least 3 table spoons it's good, if not then add butter to make it 3 table spoons. Heat the fat, add 3TBS flour cook it a bit, add desired spices and then the stock and chopped up giblets. Unlike R2Elk, I like the liver in my gravy. I also add mushrooms.
When making gravy from roast or fried poultry, I start out with deglazing the pan with water and go from there. Making a roux is fine but I don't. The main thing when using my method is to make sure you cook the gravy long enough to truly incorporate the flour and get rid of the flour taste. Making a roux first eliminates that concern and helps prevent lumpy gravy.

Personally I like lumpy gravy. I never add butter to my gravy.

There are always alternate methods to reach the same goals with slightly different tastes. Use whatever method you prefer.

I didn’t see pumpkins when I went shopping the other day. :( Maybe one of you will make one of these.
35BBB7B4-6BCE-4CF2-97D1-99BB9FF8188C.jpeg
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/chocolate-cake-in-a-pumpkin-9343335

Back
Top Bottom