Any Home Bakers Here?

Yes I can. I will check that out its sounds interesting :)
If you’re interested I have a recipe that I’ve tweaked a bit.
6D894BEE-35C5-45B1-909E-2A2675EE2164.jpeg

Here's what I'm making today. I call them grownies. They are sort of brownies, but made with granola types of ingredients.

Grownies

2 cups old fashioned oats
½ to 1 cup quinoa, depending on how much you like quinoa
2 cups liquid of some kind (see below)
Cocoa, 2 T to ½ cup
Cinnamon, 1 t to 2 T
2 eggs
Raisins
1 or 2 very ripe bananas
Honey
¾ - 1 cup peanut butter, any style
Other things

Mix the oats, cocoa, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. (I’m vague about the cocoa and cinnamon; if you like a lot, use a lot.) Add the liquid and combine. Cook the quinoa in twice its volume of water, and mix into the oats. Cover and let sit for a while to overnight. At least for a nice long dog walk or chicken visit.

Mix in the peanut butter. Beat the eggs, add. Mash the bananas, add.

Add as much honey as you like. I don’t measure honey for this; I just guesstimate about 1/3 to 1/2 cup.

Stir in a bunch of raisins. Like a cup, more or less. Leave them out if you don’t like raisins. (I actually know someone who doesn’t like raisins. I love her anyway.)

This is when you would add in the Other Things. Nuts, if you like them. The pulp from juicing, if you do that. I’ve used carrot, cranberry, and blueberry. Other dried fruit. Ok, chocolate chips, if you must. The consistency of the batter is somewhere between cookie dough and cake batter.

Now… the liquid part. I’ve used: applesauce, whey, regular plain yogurt, pureed apples, mashed canned peaches, and I’m probably forgetting some.

Grease a 9x13 pan. Scoop/pour the mix into the pan and bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. Check at 25; use the toothpick test. When it’s done, the edges will pull away from the pan, and the top surface will have a few cracks in it.

Set it out to cool until you can put your hand on the bottom of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for a few hours.

When you take it out, there will be a LOT of condensation on the plastic wrap. Peel it off as fast as you can; blot up the drips that fall on the grownies.

Chilling them in the fridge is what makes them moist all the way through. Cut into however many pieces you want to, and store, covered, in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom