Any Home Bakers Here?

Good morning Marie :frow Hope life is treating you well 😊. My issues are still bothering me and now I have a new problem. On Monday I was collecting eggs and on my way back and started up the steps when my right knee gave out. I fell backwards and landed on the ground, catching myself with my left hand. I broke my hand in two places. I had surgery on Friday, they put a metal plate and pins in my wrist. Needless to say, it hurts a lo, but I'll get through it like I get through everything else. Thank you for asking about me.
Oh Grammy :( . Please don't jump around to much. It's so easy to fall. I hope you have someone there to help you out :hugs

Hi Bruce, yes the flock seems to be enjoying their new living quarters. They don't look as wind blown and seem to have filled out some. Thanks for asking!
So you have moved Debs? That must have been hard, I dread having to move. I could never move my coup and my cat would more than likely run off, he loves it here

Congratulations on your new home ;)

I've got to feed mine, he's called Bertie by the way. Now I have named him I will have to feed him, or be done for neglect :hmm
Mine is named after my sister because it was born on her birthday. Also, it makes such a face when it’s hungry!
59496A92-6260-4B83-B24E-145960FE571C.jpeg
See the anger?! My sister is psychotic too!

Please excuse me for interrupting. Would you mind sharing this recipe, it sounds yummy :drool
Apple Cake
Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook
Ruth Berolzheimer​

1 cup sifted cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp shortening
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup milk
6 cups pared and thinly sliced apples
1/2 tsp cinnamon
butter

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Sift flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tbsp sugar together.

Cut in shortening and mix well.

Beat egg yolks, combine with milk, and stir into first mixture.

Beat well.

Pour into greased 9" layer pan and cover with apple slices.

Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon.

Dot with butter.

Bake in hot oven (400°F) about 35 minutes.

Good morning Marie :frow Hope life is treating you well 😊. My issues are still bothering me and now I have a new problem. On Monday I was collecting eggs and on my way back and started up the steps when my right knee gave out. I fell backwards and landed on the ground, catching myself with my left hand. I broke my hand in two places. I had surgery on Friday, they put a metal plate and pins in my wrist. Needless to say, it hurts a lo, but I'll get through it like I get through everything else. Thank you for asking about me.

Wow, I had no idea that happened. I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Jared

Back
Top Bottom