Any Home Bakers Here?

Had a go at Welsh cakes, some without fruit for the OH.

IMG_20210523_135802.jpg
IMG_20210523_135815.jpg

Ooh, that sounds great!

I have a small baking business. The cakes I offer are 6 inch 3 layer cakes, $25 each. The cookies range from $8-$13 a dozen depending on size and flavor. For a dozen regular chocolate chip cookies, I charge $8. For a dozen XL chocolate chip cookies and a dozen lemon curd thumbprints, I charge $13 a dozen. Hope that helps!

When charging for baked goods or any food, you usually take the price of the ingredients and add the ingredient price times two to the ingredient price.

(ie: ingredient price $15.00 plus two times that price $30.00 to get the price of the item which is $45.00)

I have one cake that the ingredients cost me $35.00.

I have Rib roast bever cooked on so googled it best do not overcook 127 in the oven 135 after resting medium also horseradish sauce. I have green onion growing so will cut in fresh
  • 3 Tbsp prepared horseradish
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp chopped chives or the greens of a green onion

sounds reasonable! I have found that "friends" either want a freebie by saying "I'll buy the ingredients" or want to get a real wholesale deal.
Years ago I read an interesting piece of advice, possibly in Reader's Digest's Quotable Quotes. It said not to give freebies or special deals to family and friends because after all, your enemies won't do business with you, and you'll go broke doing that. 😉

I have a question for my kitchen friends. The dough hook on my KitchenAid mixer inadvertently went into the dishwasher. It came out coated in this horrid dark grey powder that came off on my hands. I was able to wipe it all off with a paper towel and have also thoroughly washed it, but it is no longer shiny. Is it safe to use, or should I discard it and order a replacement?

Back
Top Bottom