Any Home Bakers Here?

My mom always pickled beets.
I am planting beets, to see if I like them or not. I will try beet greens cooked in garlic butter and roasted beets as a side. If I don't like them, at least the chickens will eat good.
I find cooked beet tops as disgusting as cooked spinach. Fresh greens like fresh spinach are fine and can be added to a salad.

I prefer my beets pickled but they are also good cooked and bathed in butter with a little salt and pepper. I have diced them and cooked them with diced potatoes but they require extra cooking time and it would be better to parboil them first.

Last edited:
Good evening bakers. We are finally getting duck eggs so I made a batch of cookies this evening, they’re in the oven now. NFCs flourless PB cookies of course, made with super chunky peanut butter. Hubs and the oldest grandchild beg for them.
Do the duck eggs make better cookies?

Good evening bakers. We are finally getting duck eggs so I made a batch of cookies this evening, they’re in the oven now. NFCs flourless PB cookies of course, made with super chunky peanut butter. Hubs and the oldest grandchild beg for them.

That is such an easy, tasty recipe...glad your family enjoys them!

Are you noticing any difference baking with the duck eggs?

Back
Top Bottom