Any Home Bakers Here?

I’m making onigiri this morning. A big batch. I’ll post a picture when I am done.

On a sidenote, I have an update on the car.

I finally got the right timing belt. I installed it, made sure everything was aligned, and tried the car. It’s turning over in a weird way now.

Either there is engine damage or I didn’t install the belt right. Going to continue to research.

IMG_0726.jpeg

I’m making onigiri this morning. A big batch. I’ll post a picture when I am done.

On a sidenote, I have an update on the car.

I finally got the right timing belt. I installed it, made sure everything was aligned, and tried the car. It’s turning over in a weird way now.

Either there is engine damage or I didn’t install the belt right. Going to continue to research.
It could be a bent valve. Do check the timing belt alignment but the next step would be to take the heads off and check the valves and pistons.

Of course you can narrow it down by doing a compression check. You can check compression with a compression checker or simply put your finger over the spark plug hole. You do want to make sure the coil is disconnected of course.

You should feel a vacuum at the down stroke and then air coming out on the up stroke.

Long shot. Anyone here ever used mead lees to bake bread?

I racked a gallon cyser today and started a 200g lees to 200 g ap flour starter. Will check tomorrow to see if it activates. If yes, I have a recipe that says:

• 400g rye flour
• 300g water
• 200g starter
• salt
Mix the water, flour and starter together. Mix every hour or so. Bake at 200° C for an hour.

Lots of play in those notes. Planning to allow it to double, form, 30 min rise, then bake at 400F. Hour seems long though. Any thoughts from the experienced bakers here?

Long shot. Anyone here ever used mead lees to bake bread?

I racked a gallon cyser today and started a 200g lees to 200 g ap flour starter. Will check tomorrow to see if it activates. If yes, I have a recipe that says:

• 400g rye flour
• 300g water
• 200g starter
• salt
Mix the water, flour and starter together. Mix every hour or so. Bake at 200° C for an hour.

Lots of play in those notes. Planning to allow it to double, form, 30 min rise, then bake at 400F. Hour seems long though. Any thoughts from the experienced bakers here?
Rise times can be different with each batch of wild yeast bread. You might need more than 30 min. for the second rise.

Back
Top Bottom