Any Home Bakers Here?

We bought this for my mother as a recovery/get well present.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BRNXMK17?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

I have a question I want to ask all of you. we’re trying to decide what attachments to get. We obviously want the pasta maker attachments, but I don’t know much beyond that.

What would you guys recommend for attachments for this mixer?

We bought this for my mother as a recovery/get well present.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BRNXMK17?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

I have a question I want to ask all of you. we’re trying to decide what attachments to get. We obviously want the pasta maker attachments, but I don’t know much beyond that.

What would you guys recommend for attachments for this mixer?
The slicer\shredder attachment is useful. I have a chiefs choice meat grinder that is aluminum instead of the plastic version kitchenaid sells.

There are also different types of flour mills that will use the kitchenaid as the motor.

The slicer\shredder attachment is useful. I have a chiefs choice meat grinder that is aluminum instead of the plastic version kitchenaid sells.

There are also different types of flour mills that will use the kitchenaid as the motor.
Jared, I did not want attachments with my mixer. Mixer is
fine. I have a small pasta maker that works great. That was my
choice. And for ME....it was the right choice. I use my mixer a lot. AS A MIXER. Make pasta...just a little. Aria

Jared, I did not want attachments with my mixer. Mixer is
fine. I have a small pasta maker that works great. That was my
choice. And for ME....it was the right choice. I use my mixer a lot. AS A MIXER. Make pasta...just a little. Aria
I just got my first stand mixer this Year... I'm 62 and I use the 3 mixing "beaters " that came with it. The bread hook is great because I was having issues kneading so I can make bread again. Also use the all purpose one for cookies, mixing meatloaf and other tasks. I love it and I'm sure she will too. How thoughtful of you.

Hubby has made bread and pizza dough now. He thinks a stand mixer would be great, so I have my estate saling neighbor looking for one.

Sadly... I don't get to partake of his efforts, as he is making wheat flour bread.
There are some neighborhood groups that might have one too!

Dear Jared, here are some things you can do for people with dementia ;
Go for a walk - once around the block, or feed the birds in the park. Fresh air and exercise work wonders.

Listen to music. Sing together if you can - especially songs that your loved one once liked. (Scientists have found that music, especially singing, makes it easier to communicate with people with dementia).
Read a book, newspaper or magazine out loud. Most of us like to listen to a good story.

Play a board game or cards, or do a jigsaw puzzle together. It stimulates their senses.

Watch a movie or a well-known older series. Afterwards you can talk about the highlights of the movie and your favorite characters.
Paint and draw or color pictures (e.g. mandalas). Being creative is fun.

Solve crossword puzzles, a Sudoku or Rebus puzzle. They are great for training your memory.

Write letters to a family member for an anniversary, birthday or upcoming holidays (e.g. Christmas or Easter). You will enjoy giving a gift to someone you both know.

Let visitors bring their pets. A cute dog or cat can brighten up the atmosphere of a care environment.

Plant a flower, sow some seeds or simply water houseplants.The growth of the plants provides a topic of conversation.

Pick flowers and make a bouquet together. Pretty flowers and scents help them feel good.
Draw up a menu for the week. It encourages imagination and creates anticipation.

Go on an excursion together. By car, bus, streetcar or train - to a park, the zoo, a museum or a nearby castle.This could be a great adventure.

Have a picnic just the two of you or with other family members or friends. It's a good opportunity to get some fresh air.

Bake a cake or cookies together. Light physical exercise is good if you can't get out so often.

Buy different exotic fruits and eat them together, talk about their names and countries of origin. It's good for your health and stimulates your imagination.

Sit together on a public bench and watch the people passing by. You'll be surprised at what you get to see.
Dance, stretch or do gymnastics together. It is important to move and exercise regularly.

Create your own spa or beauty salon at home. Give your loved one a manicure or put on a face mask together. It's fun and feels good.

Create a photo album with pictures from your loved one's life or pictures from magazines. Your loved one can choose a favorite theme.

Look through old photo albums, family heirlooms or greeting cards. You are guaranteed to bring back memories and tell stories that you can pass on.

Back
Top Bottom