Any Home Bakers Here?

Been busy working on the coops. We just put new metal roof on them and and some metal siding on others. We are going to put new metal siding on the rest. Have been doing some maintenance on all of the coops and pens. Also finished sorting out birds and setting up my breeding coops and pens so I haven't had much spare time. Just filled the incubator for this years hatch. Busy, busy, busy.

As big as your flock is, all that would take time. Are you running your huge incubator?

Quote: It's not full. I have around 200 eggs in it. I plan on putting more in next week after I collect a few more from the coops I want to hatch from. Been selling quite a few eggs to people who want my pure Heritage breeds. Next week I'm getting some Rose Comb Brown Leghorns and another line of really nice Rose Comb Rhode Island Reds to add to my lines. I'm not going to cross breed them with mine but keep them pure to their lines so I have to get the hatchers set up and the brooder cabinet too.
I didn't make many doughnut holes. I mixed then in with the rest of the remaining dough and made more doughnuts.

You can't go wrong with MORE doughnuts! They look delicious.

Wish I still lived close enough to get some eggs or chicks from you...I miss my chickens
hit.gif
And I've had brown Leghorns on my wish list for a long time.

Best wishes for a terrific hatch (or hatches, lol)!

You can't go wrong with MORE doughnuts! They look delicious.

Wish I still lived close enough to get some eggs or chicks from you...I miss my chickens :hit  And I've had brown Leghorns on my wish list for a long time.

Best wishes for a terrific hatch (or hatches, lol)!

Meyer hatchery sell Brown Leghorns for a good price as long as you do not intend on showing them, then you'd probably need slightly better quality.

Quote:
My Brown Leghorns are from a breeder. I do show my birds at shows so I want show quality. I breed Single Comb and Rose Comb pure Rhode Island Reds, Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites, Rose Comb Brown Leghorns and Single Comb White Leghorns. It's my passion. I guess you'd say I'm hooked.
love.gif

My Brown Leghorns are from a breeder. I do show my birds at shows so I want show quality. I breed Single Comb and Rose Comb pure Rhode Island Reds, Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites, Rose Comb Brown Leghorns and Single Comb White Leghorns. It's my passion. I guess you'd say I'm hooked.
love.gif

I've seen pictures of your birds...they are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom