Any Home Bakers Here?

I just made Amish cinnamon bread. It smelled so good while baking! This you could just make up as it's not from a starter.

I have friendship bread starter brewing also so in about 9 days I'll do the chocolate version of that.

I made Irish Seafood Chowder and Soda Bread for supper on Friday. I am not much of a Soda Bread fan, but figured we'd try the entire meal to see how we liked it. The soda bread recipe sounded pretty good, so what the hey, gotta give it a try. Best Soda Bread I have ever had - the recipe calls for buttermilk and an egg, which the last recipe I tried did not have. It also called for 1/3 of the flour to be whole wheat, which I did not have, but I used straight white flour and it turned out OK. I think I would have liked it with the whole wheat flour also.

I was very tired last night when I made Tapioca Pudding for lunches this week. Note to self, do not cook when you are tired. Somehow I read the recipe wrong and instead of 1 egg, I added 4. I guess what I made was egg custard with tapioca... Pretty tasty though and a great way to use up extra eggs.

I made Irish Seafood Chowder and Soda Bread for supper on Friday. I am not much of a Soda Bread fan, but figured we'd try the entire meal to see how we liked it. The soda bread recipe sounded pretty good, so what the hey, gotta give it a try. Best Soda Bread I have ever had - the recipe calls for buttermilk and an egg, which the last recipe I tried did not have. It also called for 1/3 of the flour to be whole wheat, which I did not have, but I used straight white flour and it turned out OK. I think I would have liked it with the whole wheat flour also.

I was very tired last night when I made Tapioca Pudding for lunches this week. Note to self, do not cook when you are tired. Somehow I read the recipe wrong and instead of 1 egg, I added 4. I guess what I made was egg custard with tapioca... Pretty tasty though and a great way to use up extra eggs.

I love egg custard - so IMO a great mistake:)

Seafood Chowder and bread sounds delicious.

Curious have any of you replaced sugar with real stevia? I've got a plant growing happily but I'm not really sure what to do with it. All the talk about custard made me think that might be a good place to start...I could add a couple of leaves to the milk when heating maybe?

Back
Top Bottom