Any Home Bakers Here?

the so sour 2 cups of starter is allot for one loaf
The one that was super sour was only a cup per 2 loaves (different recipe) this one is just right. Go figure... This one also doesn't have a sponge though, so the 2 cups is ALL that is sour and it's not super sour since it was just freshly fed (I fed it about 2 hours prior and it had bubbled and grown a TON before I used it).

This is a good recipe for not having any leftover starter though... Last time I used my starter I fed it, removed a cup, and had probably around a cup and a half that I put in the fridge, then I fed THAT without disposing of anything and gave it a cup each of flour and water and after I removed the 2 cups for the recipe I only put about half a cup or so back in the fridge. So, next time I make this recipe I may have to feed it twice before that without discarding to get it bulked up enough.

off topic, but how did you do that double quote?

On the bottom right side, use the Quote instead of the Reply...at the bottom of your post you'll see a blue box about inserting quotes, click that and a window pops up with all the posts you clicked on. Can't remember the specific wording but you can just pop the multiple quotes right into your post.

That's pretty much it

Back
Top Bottom