Any Home Bakers Here?

I always make my egg noodles from scratch. They're deliciou. I've tried many different recipes and never had any issues or complaints. They might be a bit more dough-ey than store bought, something like a dumpling if used in souo, but still much tastier than store bought!

@OnlyOrps , would you mind sharing your recipe for the egg noodles?

Hi, recently new here, been poking around the chicken forums trying to learn as much as I can before my flock arrives next month. Just stumbled upon this thread and I love cooking!! I have really been wanting to make my own bread so thank you @happy-bird for the recipe and the Tuna Melts sound delish! Will also have to give the Beef Stroganoff a try since my DH loves it as well. Looks like I will have a lot of catching up to do. I want to see what other goodies lie within this thread!

Does anyone have a good Key Lime Pie recipe? Going to a Geocaching event of Saturday to celebrate Pi Day. So.We.Bring.Pies!!

Hi @K-Kritter , nice to have you join us! There are a lot of good recipes throughout this thread so take a look and see if something appeals to you. And if you have anything you'd like to share, feel free!

Schaum Torte

Ingredients:
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 c sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300°.

Sprinkle cream of tarter over egg whites & beat. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 Tbls at a time. Add vinegar and vanilla. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
Spoon onto parchment paper.
Bake for 45 minutes, turn oven off and leave in oven overnight. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR UNTIL MORNING!!
Store in sealed container.

Serve with strawberries.

NOTE I make my Schaum Tortes about 3 inches in diameter, they expand to about 4 inches so leave space between meringue mounds. I leave them slightly peaked, that is how DH likes them. For my personal taste, I would prefer them slightly hollowed, kinda like a bowl shape, to hold the strawberries better. His families traditional way is a series of peaks, touching, and set in a circle, like a crown.
This recipe always seems to leave a soft meringue center in the Schaum Torts.

Hi, recently new here, been poking around the chicken forums trying to learn as much as I can before my flock arrives next month. Just stumbled upon this thread and I love cooking!! I have really been wanting to make my own bread so thank you @happy-bird for the recipe and the Tuna Melts sound delish! Will also have to give the Beef Stroganoff a try since my DH loves it as well. Looks like I will have a lot of catching up to do. I want to see what other goodies lie within this thread!

Does anyone have a good Key Lime Pie recipe? Going to a Geocaching event of Saturday to celebrate Pi Day. So.We.Bring.Pies!!

I haven't tried the key lime pie…. but love the Lemon Cream Pie from Eaglebrand's website. And would bet their Key Lime Pie would be delicious. Here's the link:

http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/classic-key-lime-pie-5443

You could just use Cool Whip for an easy toping, or plop some in the middle and place slices of lime for decoration?

I love their Lemon Cream Pie recipe and bet it would be quick and easy just substituting lime juice for lemon?

Lemon:

3 large egg yolks
1 - 14 oz can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1 - 6 oz graham cracker crust
whipped cream or cool whip topping

Heat oven to 325 F, beat egg yolks in medium bowl, add eagle brand, add lemon juice ( ? sub lime juice) and mix well. Pour into crust and bake 30-35 min til middle is set. cool at room temp one hour, and chill at least 3 hours before serving. spread cool whip or whipped cream on top ..( don't use the canned spray type whip cream, redo-whip? it sort of dissolves and isn't appetizing after sitting a shot while).

** for large 9 oz crust use 5 egg yolks, 2 cans eagle brand and 1 cup lemon or lime juice.

Good luck with your Key Lime.

So glad you joined NorthFlChick's thread.

Oh…the lemon cream pie is one of tha reasons I'm on a diet...
lau.gif

I haven't tried the key lime pie…. but love the Lemon Cream Pie from Eaglebrand's website. And would bet their Key Lime Pie would be delicious. Here's the link:

http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/classic-key-lime-pie-5443

You could just use Cool Whip for an easy toping, or plop some in the middle and place slices of lime for decoration?

I love their Lemon Cream Pie recipe and bet it would be quick and easy just substituting lime juice for lemon?

Lemon:

3 large egg yolks
1 - 14 oz can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1 - 6 oz graham cracker crust
whipped cream or cool whip topping

Heat oven to 325 F, beat egg yolks in medium bowl, add eagle brand, add lemon juice ( ? sub lime juice) and mix well. Pour into crust and bake 30-35 min til middle is set. cool at room temp one hour, and chill at least 3 hours before serving. spread cool whip or whipped cream on top ..( don't use the canned spray type whip cream, redo-whip? it sort of dissolves and isn't appetizing after sitting a shot while).

** for large 9 oz crust use 5 egg yolks, 2 cans eagle brand and 1 cup lemon or lime juice.

Good luck with your Key Lime.

So glad you joined NorthFlChick's thread.

Oh…the lemon cream pie is one of tha reasons I'm on a diet...
lau.gif

Ah, I love lemons!! My personal favorite is Cheesecake and I really want to learn to make a good one. And a good pizza!! Which is why I was so giddy to see a pizza dough recipe on the first page. Pizzas and cheesecake...Yeah, I'm on that diet!!
celebrate.gif

I don't think this thread is going to help my waistline AT ALL! So far I found a recipe for pizza, a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls (Thanks @NorthFLChick ) and a Lemon Pie. Oh, and Beef Stroganoff. Looks like I will need a new pair of walking shoes!

Ah, I love lemons!! My personal favorite is Cheesecake and I really want to learn to make a good one. And a good pizza!! Which is why I was so giddy to see a pizza dough recipe on the first page. Pizzas and cheesecake...Yeah, I'm on that diet!!
celebrate.gif

Cheesecake visited here about 3 weeks ago. First was the chocolate one with a dark chocolate cookie crust. Then came the traditional New York one with a graham cracker crust. For someone that had never made one before, I managed to make 2 (TWO) of them within a month. Oh my aching pants.

(But they were so good!)

Oh and the cinnamon roll recipe is the best one I've ever come across. They taste sort of like Cinnabon's rolls, complete with cream cheese frosting.

They are evil but so tasty!

We stopped at the Penzeys store on Saturday. We have three kinds of cinnamon in the spice cabinet now. It is amazing to me how different they each smell and taste. For my carrot cake, I used:
Korintje Indonesia Cinnamon Sweet and mellow, Korintje cinnamon is the type of cinnamon we all remember from our childhood. Fragrant Korintje cinnamon is as strong as China cinnamon, but smoother and not as nippy.

The other types I have are the Ceylon Cinnamon and Cassia Cinnamon. I use each for a different type of food. I even have the generic store cinnamon for crafts.

AND They now have a granulated Roasted Garlic - that stuff is good!

BTW - the Schaum Tortes are Weight Watchers friendly! :)
So not all recipes on here are diet busters, lol.

Back
Top Bottom