Any Home Bakers Here?

Does anyone have a 7up cake recipe?

The one I used to make (some years back) was simply frozen fruit in the bottom of a 13x9" pan and a mixture of yellow cake mix & 7Up poured over the top. Bake it all up and it makes a tasty dessert. Don't recall the exact measurements.

I made focaccia bread this past weekend, with yellow peppers, onions and feta cheese it was a huge hit. I made it out of my five minute pizza dough recipe my Mom gave me. I use that recipe for pizza, flat breads and fried dough.

When I stuff breads I use any bread recipe and after it raises I roll it out to maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. then I add meats, veggies and cheeses. I love sausage and broccoli. I have made pepperoni and cheese. I love spinach and feta. So many possibilities. I am a huge feta cheese fan with fresh bread because the salty and the yeast flavors go so well together.

here is the 5 minute pizza dough recipe

1 pck yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt

put yeast and sugar with warm water in the mixing bowl
let rest 5 minutes
add flour salt and olive oil mix till dough comes away from the edge of the bowl
let it rest for 5 more minutes

I par-bake my crust so it is cooked and the I add my toppings

recipe says to bake it at 450 degrees but i lean more towards 400

but i have used the broiler to make my cheese brown and yummy

Ok, I've been through the recipes, and like this one for pizza dough. What I want to do is parbake the crust, make the pizza and then freeze it. So I can pull a pizza out of the freezer and cook it whenever I want. I have already canned the pizza sauce. I plan on making about 40.

So here's the question. Will this recipe hold up to being parbaked, assembled with sauce and toppings, frozen, and then cooked?

Ok, I've been through the recipes, and like this one for pizza dough. What I want to do is parbake the crust, make the pizza and then freeze it. So I can pull a pizza out of the freezer and cook it whenever I want. I have already canned the pizza sauce. I plan on making about 40.

So here's the question. Will this recipe hold up to being parbaked, assembled with sauce and toppings, frozen, and then cooked?

It should but this recipe has instructions for freezing:

Now or Later Pizza
An overnight rest in the fridge for the dough gives this pizza crust superb flavor and a delightfully crisp-chewy texture. Read our blog about this pizza, with additional photos, at Bakers' Banter.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Toppings
  • tomato sauce, cooked meats, vegetables, and cheeses of your choice
Toppings

• tomato sauce, cooked meats, vegetables, and cheeses of your choice
Directions

1) Dough: Mix and knead together all of the dough ingredients, by hand, mixer or bread machine, till you’ve created a smooth, soft dough. Don’t over-knead the dough; it should hold together, but can still look fairly rough on the surface.

2) Allow the dough to rise, covered, for 45 minutes; then refrigerate it for 4 hours (or up to 36 hours); this step will develop the crust’s flavor. It'll continue to rise in the fridge, so make sure it's in a big enough bowl.

3) Divide the dough in half.

4) Working with one piece of dough at a time, pick it up and let gravity gently stretch it into an oval. For a more circular shape, move your hands around the perimeter of the dough as it stretches. For thin-crust pizza, make a 12" round or oval. For thick-crust, make a 9" round.

5) Cover the dough, and let it rest while you heat your oven to 450°F. For thickest crust, let your 9" round pizza rest/rise for 60 minutes before baking.

6) Baking: After about 30 minutes, use a giant spatula or pizza peel to transfer the pizzas and parchment to your hot oven stone; or place the pizzas and parchment on a pan, and place the pan on the middle rack of your oven.

7) Bake for 6 minutes (for a thinner, larger crust), or for up to 8 minutes for a smaller/thicker crust. Remove from the oven.

8) To enjoy pizza right away, top it with your favorite toppings, return to an upper rack of the oven (not to the stone), and bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.

9) To serve pizzas some other time, remove the parchment, cool the un-topped crusts, wrap them well in plastic wrap, and store at room temperature for 2 or 3 days. Refrigerate for up to 5 days; or freeze for up to 4 weeks.

10) When you’re ready to serve, remove the crusts from the refrigerator or freezer. While they warm to room temperature, heat your oven to 450°F; frozen crusts should be taken out of the freezer and thawed earlier in the day; leave them in the bag, but leave the bag open as they thaw. Top crusts with your favorite toppings and place them on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet, then on an upper rack of the oven. Bake the pizzas for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.

This is how I make my pizza for freezing, I make my crust(s) to whatever size I want. After I have formed my crust to whatever size I want and par-bake it 3-5 minutes on parchment paper at 450ºF. After I take the par-baked crust out of the oven I let it cool. Now you can either freeze the crust or put the toppings on the pizza and put into the freezer around 3 hours until solid, then take the pizza out of the freezer, wrap in plastic wrap then wrap again in aluminum foil. Be sure to write on it what kind of pizza it is and put them back into the freezer to just take out and bake. When ready to eat eat the pizzas, preheat the oven to 450°F (or the temperature at which you normally cook your pizzas). If you have a baking stone, place it in the oven as it heats; frozen pizzas can also be baked on the foil used to wrap them. When the oven has heated, unwrap the pizzas, discard the plastic wrap, and slide into the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is dark brown and the cheese in the center of the pizza is bubbly. Plastic and foil wrapped pizzas last around 3 months in the freezer. Vacuum sealed pizzas last much longer.

I like to make smaller pizzas that will fit into the large vacuum bags or rolls cut to size and when I take them out of the freezer made with the toppings, I pop each into a bag, vacuum seal the bag and pop them back into the freezer. Hope this helps. I haven't made any in quite a long time. Thanks for the suggestion... Good luck and have fun...

This is the recipe I use.
Pizza Crust

Ingredients:

Crust:
1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 envelope RapidRise Yeast
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt (you can use regular, onion or garlic salt)
2/3 cup very warm water (hot tap water)
3 tablespoons oil (I use Xtra virgin Olive Oil)
1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
Other toppings as desired
1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425°F.

Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water (hot tap water from the faucet) and oil; mix until well blended. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.

Pat dough with floured hands to pat the dough out or roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan, baking sheet or on parchment paper. You can form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.

(This is when I'm making pizza to eat that day.)
Spread with pizza sauce. Top with desired toppings and sprinkle with cheese.

Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.

Recipe Note: When making a thick crust (one) 9-inch pizza. Increase baking time to 20 minutes

Last edited:
I ran across the cracker recipe in my files. These are very good! I need to make some soon--when I find some fresh thyme in the store of course.

Quote: These Parmesan and thyme crackers are the perfect small bite with
a glass of white wine or champagne before dinner.

1/4 pound (I stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about I cup)*
I teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment,
cream the butter for I minute. With the mixer on low
speed, add the Parmesan, thyme, salt, and pepper and combine.
With the mixer still on low, add the flour and combine until the
mixture is in large crumbles, about I minute. If the dough is too
dry, add I teaspoon water.

Dump the dough onto a floured board, press it into a ball, and
roll into a 9 -inch log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least
30 minutes or for up to 4 days.

Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the log into
3/8 -inch-thick rounds with a small, sharp knife and place them on
a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 22 minutes:
until very lightly browned. Rotate the pan once during baking.

You can make the roll ahead and freeze it for up to 6 months.
Defrost overnight in the refrigerator and then slice and bake when
you're ready to serve the crackers.
*Grind the Parmesan in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.

I made some of these crackers but rolled out the cracker dough and took a pizza cutter to cut them and they are great. I made a couple of other cracker recipes and will do a taste test.

I made some of these crackers but rolled out the cracker dough and took a pizza cutter to cut them and they are great. I made a couple of other cracker recipes and will do a taste test.
thumbsup.gif
Let us know your taste test results.
pop.gif

I made the Parmesan thyme crackers with butter as well as some plain crackers, to use with a dip, one using butter and the other with extra virgin olive oil. I prefer the crackers with butter better.

Back
Top Bottom