Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi everyone, just looking around on BYC and found this forum. I use to own my own bakery, but being is such a small town and competing with wal-mart just didn't pan out. So now that I am no longer able to work due to back issues I have plenty of time to bake. Yesterday was one of those day where I spent all day baking. Made some cheese straw dough and placed it in the freezer for when hubby wants me to make him some. I also made some plaza park bars for hubby who is a Chief on the Macon Fire Dept. A lot of the stuff I bake goes there due to the fact it doesn't get eaten at home. I also made a couple lemon/blueberry pound cakes, a honey bunn pound cake, peanut brittle, banana nut bread, cream cheese pound cake, and a toffee caramel pound cake with caramel sauce. I love to bake pound cakes, they are my favorite thing to make. I've made bread before but because I love to eat home made bread I try not to make too much because I would eat it all. I can't seem to make small batches of anything and most of the time all I do with the cakes, cookies, bars, and such just get put in my freezer. I make my own home made frosting and do all my own decorating, but i'm always learning new things to do. Would love to share and receive new recipes and just chat, it gets boring at home with just my dogs,cats,fish, chickens and my ducks to talk to while hubby is on a 24 hour shift. Would be thrilled if I can teach some of ya'll how to make new things and would love to learn new techniques and such.

I will agree, baking is a hobby for me now but when I had my bakery business it got to the point I didn't want to do it any more. But i'm back to enjoying the fun of baking and decorating. With the fall weather coming it is so much more enjoyable due to the weather being just right.

I will agree, baking is a hobby for me now but when I had my bakery business it got to the point I didn't want to do it any more. But i'm back to enjoying the fun of baking and decorating. With the fall weather coming it is so much more enjoyable due to the weather being just right.

I've earned money from two different hobbies and both times it sucked the fun right out of them.

Hi everyone, just looking around on BYC and found this forum. I use to own my own bakery, but being is such a small town and competing with wal-mart just didn't pan out. So now that I am no longer able to work due to back issues I have plenty of time to bake. Yesterday was one of those day where I spent all day baking. Made some cheese straw dough and placed it in the freezer for when hubby wants me to make him some. I also made some plaza park bars for hubby who is a Chief on the Macon Fire Dept. A lot of the stuff I bake goes there due to the fact it doesn't get eaten at home. I also made a couple lemon/blueberry pound cakes, a honey bunn pound cake, peanut brittle, banana nut bread, cream cheese pound cake, and a toffee caramel pound cake with caramel sauce. I love to bake pound cakes, they are my favorite thing to make. I've made bread before but because I love to eat home made bread I try not to make too much because I would eat it all. I can't seem to make small batches of anything and most of the time all I do with the cakes, cookies, bars, and such just get put in my freezer. I make my own home made frosting and do all my own decorating, but i'm always learning new things to do. Would love to share and receive new recipes and just chat, it gets boring at home with just my dogs,cats,fish, chickens and my ducks to talk to while hubby is on a 24 hour shift. Would be thrilled if I can teach some of ya'll how to make new things and would love to learn new techniques and such.

Welcome to our thread! Looking forward to seeing some tips and recipes.

Baked 10 loaves of bread yesterday. 4 Whole wheat, and 6 Cinnamon Raisin. Hoping to sell them at a get together at my house tonight.

Organic butter, local raw milk, and soy free, non GMO eggs!

Back
Top Bottom