Any Home Bakers Here?

Peanut butter bon bons

Oreo bon bons

Cut out sugar cookies which I froze last night and will frost the end of the week. Some I'm bringing to my sisters for Christmas and the rest I'll give away to friends. I made about 240 bon bons! I did coconut too but they all look the same dipped in chocolate
1f60a.png
These look wonderful!

@N F C Yep making baked cheesecake, DD (!) is coming for Christmas with cat(!) She left without a word after everything...so will have to see. Also going to try my hand at Pannacotta with a fresh berries, alcohol jus
love.gif

Those choccy goodies looked good

Peanut butter bon bons

Oreo bon bons

Cut out sugar cookies which I froze last night and will frost the end of the week. Some I'm bringing to my sisters for Christmas and the rest I'll give away to friends. I made about 240 bon bons! I did coconut too but they all look the same dipped in chocolate
1f60a.png

DMC, those all look great! Would you mind very much sharing the bon bon recipe?
droolin.gif

@N F C Yep making baked cheesecake, DD (!) is coming for Christmas with cat(!) She left without a word after everything...so will have to see. Also going to try my hand at Pannacotta with a fresh berries, alcohol jus
love.gif

Cheesecake is good for any occasion! I've never made a Pannacotta, will this be your first or have you made them before?

The biscotti I made had dried cranberries and walnuts in it. After DH was done with his coffee, I think there are 3 pieces left
lol.png

@N F C never made any of it before, but seems to be the 'in' thing here at the mo - I'm definitely coming how can you make such delicious stuff and not share
smile.png

Any hints on BAKED cheesecake, I see the receipe wants gelatine leaves they frighten me, always have done, .... because if I don't get it right DD and cat (or just cat) may stay

@N F C never made any of it before, but seems to be the 'in' thing here at the mo - I'm definitely coming how can you make such delicious stuff and not share
smile.png

Any hints on BAKED cheesecake, I see the receipe wants gelatine leaves they frighten me, always have done, .... because if I don't get it right DD and cat (or just cat) may stay

If I recall correctly, I didn't use gelatin leaves in the cheesecakes I made (it's been quite a while). These are the 3 recipes I've made:
post #844 (New York style)
post #747 (Chocolate Heaven)
post #6072 (Raspberry Swirl)

Maybe try a different recipe?

cool thanks I will check... have to go now lock up chooks feed dogs cats fish and go to bed - thunder coming so have to give pills to dogs otherwise they will kill me - over 130kg climbing on me in fright not fun,weigh more than me! N F C
highfive.gif

Never tried to make Biscottes, but sounds good, my oven is lousy, don't know if I could get that crisp texture. My Holiday specialty is cinnamon rolls. Once I was in a hurry to get to my brother's house after I rolled the dough up and It rose too much on the way there so I just cooked the large roll like bread. It was great the kids loved the "Cinnamon Bread" from Auntie Lorie and never knew it was supposed to be cinnamon rolls Haha

love.gif

Cheese cake tips:

Make sure the cream cheese is softened and creams completely with butter and sugar.
Bake within 5 minutes of the recipe time. Cheese cakes to not "set" in the oven. Over baking is a common mistake.
Leave in turned off oven for an hour after baking.
When cool, wrap up and put in fridge. Cheese cake needs to set for 12 hours or so.

I will post my basic cheese cake recipe again:

Crust
18 graham crackers rolled to crumbs(1½ C any cookie) (35-40 nilla wafers)
¼ C sugar
5 tbs melted butter or Margarine

Filling
2(8oz) Cream Cheese
2 eggs

½ C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch salt

Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix crust ingredients and pat firmly into bottom an 1/3 of the way up the sides of a 9” spring form pan. Beat Cream cheese and sugar with a rotary beater or electric mixer until creamed. Add eggs, vanilla and salt and continue beating until satiny. Pour into crust. Bake 25 min. Cool in pan in oven with door ajar for half an hour to an hour. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature, and then cover with foil/plastic wrap and chill 10-12 hours before serving. Cut into slim wedges.

A recent on I baked:

Back
Top Bottom